Anyone here have really white teeth?
Jun 30, 2007 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

ChickenGod

1000+ Head-Fier
I've always wanted perfect glossy pearly whites
tongue.gif
. How did you guys get them? I mean I brush for 2 minutes twice a day. Whats your secret?!

Jun 30, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 31

Nah, kidding. There's no way of getting really white teeth by just brushing 'em, gotta white them professionally.

Me teeth are a tad yellow, but my dentist says that they're probably the most perfect teeth that he have ever seen.
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 31
LOL! Nice!!
tongue.gif
I went to my dentists yesterday and they said i got a 100% on my checkup and they couldn't find any plaque or cavities
biggrin.gif
. They grade it like a school grade
tongue.gif
Mine are sorta white like a few shades from pearly white
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 31
i have horrible teeth. i need braces, i don't know why i don't have them. i need to force my dad to drop some cash to get my mouth fixed up, and then brush and floss religiously. then i'm set.

also, note to self: stop eating cookies.

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #9 of 31
Oh jeez those are white!
tongue.gif
Crest Whitestrips it is! But I'll do it AFTER I get my braces off
tongue.gif
I think 2 more months!
smily_headphones1.gif

oh and your girlfriend is pretty
tongue.gif
lucky you
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my girl has ridiculously white teeth, as you can see int he pic berlow, particularly in comparison to my off-white yellowish hue. She uses crest whitestrips quite religiously, and obviously it does the job.

jordandkristy.jpg

Wow her teeth are immaculate
eek.gif

Nearly as white as her gorgeous Corset / Shirt
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #15 of 31
Actually natural shade of the teeth depends upon how thick outer layers of the teeth (enamel) which is more like slightly transparent. The inner layer is dentin which is more like yellowish. It is the thickness of the enamel determines the final shade of the teeth appearance. So if you have naturally thin enamel, your teeth will appear more yellowish. Follow these guidelines to get maximum benefit:

1. Brush and floss regularly.
2. Even if you brush and floss regularly, it is possible to get cavities due to natural teeth anatomy. So get regular checkup to detect early defect and treat them before it gets worse. Preventive measure is best insurance against oral defects.
3. You can use all those over the counter whitening products such as Crest Whitestrips as long as you don't get sensitivity. Normally the prodcuts with thick gel type instead of more watery works best. They have to have some decent contact time with the teeth to work.
4. Go to your dentist to get custom fitted whitening trays. Once you finished with the initial professional whitening procedure, you can use OTC whitening products to maintain those professional results.
5. Remember those composite resin (white fillings) do not get affected by any whitening products. So you want to get bleaching done first before you replace any white fillings to match your more whiter teeth.
6. In those more extreme cases of inner stains such as tetracycline stains and/or endodontically treated teeth, you need more advanced treatment option such as porcelain veneers or full ceramic crown procedures but they are very expensive procedures.

So bottom line is that no matter how well you brush your teeth, you can still have yellowish teeth due to your anatomy of teeth. Most of the stains from coffee, tea and such can be removed by professional cleaning procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back