Anyone heard this amp? (Banzai B-1)
Feb 5, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 14
Got it today. Assembled, soldered. Now in burn in stage. Looking for a suitable box. Very very first impression is WoW! Details tomorrow. May be with pictures.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 14
Few days of burn in giving great improvement. Instruments separation is incredible! Soundstage is decent wide. Really not expected from such a simple scheme.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 14
Guys this amp design has no caps whatsoever, no power caps, no input caps, which means no buffer either. Isn't it dangerous to your headphone? I mean with all the DC signal leaking.

newredjel-1235740709-828.jpg

hpk3.jpg

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #10 of 14
Apr 16, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #14 of 14
Ok, so I just received the V5 Blue Ice with the AC adapter and 2x internal 9v NiMH's. Just a word of caution, these amps seem to be geared towards high-impedance phones. Lower impedance cans just distort, crackle, and pop - and this is at moderately-low volumes.

However, feed them a power-hungry can such as a Etymotic 4P with 75 ohm converter cable, and this amp sings! Exquisite detail, large soundstage, liquid smooth mids, and crisp clean highs, this amp exceeded my expectations greatly! Compared to my now gone Total Airhead, music is much more seamless on the V5 and a great deal more engaging to get into. It is still however astonishingly transparent to the source at the same time! What a knockout for an overseas "nobody". This amp should be strongly considered if looking for a ridiculously powerful, smooth, detailed, and non-fatiguing amp.

There isn't a harsh note, or a fatiguing overshadow at all in the audio signal. The V5 is airtight solid, with a smooth operating Alps control pot with very sturdy inputs.

To the poster above, you might be irritated when using them with your Denon D2000's. My 32 ohm Dt770 and 990 as mentioned before, cannot be listened to connected to these types of amps. Incredible amounts of distortion is prevalent. I guess this is why they say high-impedance cans are easy to drive...

I now agree with that statement.

EDIT: Nevermind about the low-impedance drive. It seemed that the batteries were drained in the unit, my 32 ohm dt770 and 990 absolutely blast now! Careful with this unit, this puppy might be small, but she sure does deliver gigantic amounts of volume!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back