Anyone heard Skullcandy Hesh headphones?
Mar 23, 2007 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
They're on sale right now at Staples. Thinking they might be okay for a bang around work phone or something. Anyone try them?

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 15
nope I have never tried them. They would have to be pretty good on the value-scale though to surpass the koss phones.

Do they have a good return policy? it might be worth a shot if that is the case.

Mar 23, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 15
Description from Staples:

"With 50mm High Explosive power drivers the Skullcandy HESH will pump sound into your skull with an intensity found in no other headphone. The HESH features the biggest power driver you can get coupled with sound-boosting parabolic ear-cups to produce studio quality sound in an affordable package.

* High explosive 50mm neodymium power drivers and sound boosting parabolic earcups to produce studio quality soundv
* In-line volume control
* Dome-shaped earcups with leather touch earpads
* Leather
* Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
* 3m cable with 1/4" gold-plated plug
* Includes travel bag and home stereo adapter"

Personally, I don't like sound being pumped into my skull... but to each their own!

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 15
They are quiet and sound like garbage. The small price is for aesthetics only. The description, "With 50mm High Explosive power drivers the Skullcandy HESH will pump sound into your skull with an intensity found in no other headphone. The HESH features the biggest power driver you can get coupled with sound-boosting parabolic ear-cups to produce studio quality sound in an affordable package." could be the most off-the-mark thing I've ever read about headphones. I'd pay $20 to NOT own them. Take my word for it, stay away. Koss=1,000,000x better sound for the buck.

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 15
I have never read anyone here give a good review on any Skullcandy phones.

Mar 23, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 15
skullcandy makes bose look good.

skullcandy = waste of space, time and energy

skullcandy is depressing me.

skullcandy sucks ok?

go buy some Koss

Mar 24, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 15
Does anyone else think having high explosives an inch from your ear might prove dangerous?

Mar 24, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #11 of 15
I saw some Skullcandys in Staples yesterday that had an "Inline-Bass-TurboAmp" or something to that effect -- built right into the headphone wires. Funny. A built in amp. And the way it appeared to be marketed is: hey, the amp is only for Bass, now--we are not audio-wimps or geeks, okay???

heh. After all this is the company that brought you SKULLCRUSHER Headphones. I gotta say, a great name for headphones. Guaranteed to ruin your hearing in 4 hours or less -- then it won't matter that our headphones sound like crap!
evil_smiley.gif

I must say tho: *some* of their headphone designs look kinda cool. Most are over the top and just too ridiculous. But some look good.

Hm - maybe I'll buy some Skullcandies and install Grado innards?

Mar 24, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy are best, they are even better than Bose.

They probably are. But Bose are not highly regarded around here anyway...
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 15
I've actually had the painful experience of trying these out. They are absolutely crappy. They're not even a fun bassy headphone, but they just suck everywhere. Stay away.

Sincerely,

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #14 of 15
Compared to a pair of sennheiser hd280 the hesh sound quality is cruddy. The bass is somewhat boosted with a recess in the area of the mids. Save your money and get some senns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back