anyone heard of HH Scott LK48 Integrated Amp? Opinions on this vintage beast??
Jan 11, 2011 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scottiebabie

1000+ Head-Fier
hi guys, i've got an chance to pickup a reasonably decent condition HH Scott LK48 Integrated amp from the early 60's. the seller says its in good working condition & has telefunken tubes with all caps including the selenium rectifier replaced professionally. he's willing to part with it for $350.

if bought, im planning on using strictly to drive headphones either via Headphone jack or directly from the speaker taps. also planning on picking up either a Hifiman HE series or LCD2 orthos in the future & drive it with this old Scott amp. 

what do the vintage gurus think? is $350 a decent deal & better yet, will it make a great headamp? any expert opinion will be great valued. thxs in advance

ps:im a vintage noob in my first foray into tubes. is this Scott LK48 a reasonable choice to dive headlong?

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 3
O forgot to mention the HH Scott LT110 tuner also comes together as a package not that it means anything as I don do radio :D

Jan 12, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Oh, I'd grab that. I don't have experience with that set, but one of my most treasured pieces of audio gear is a Scott 350B FM tuner. I love radio and listen to several public news, classical and jazz stations. $350 is a steal - you can't get the *parts* for something of that quality these days for $350, let alone assemble and case them. Jack in your headphones before you buy - I think you'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back