Anyone hear play an instrument or sing?
May 1, 2008 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Know Talent

100+ Head-Fier
I used to play piano when I was younger but got away from it when we had to sell the piano.
Tried a couple times half-heartedly to get back into it and once you lose the weak hand coordination it's very frustrating!!!

Have been messing around with a custom Washburn Marverick that I picked up about 8 years ago.
Bought a Digitech RP-7 effects pedal and a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special tube amp to drive my neighbors crazy.
Recently picked up a Martin Alt-X electric acoustic and now the neighbors don't give me as many dirty looks!

For those of you who are familar with Ferris Bueller playing the clarinet...well I'm not much better on the guitar.

What about you all? Care to share your aspirations?
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 40
I have a kimball organ from the 70's that I bought from salvation army for like $40. And I have an Alesis Micron synthesizer, plenty you can do with that hehe. And I can understand where you're coming from I used to take piano lessons for 2 or 3 years, but its been like 3 years since I've had any real lessons and you lose all the dexterity, its definitely something you have to keep up with.

May 2, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 40
Used to be a drummer: rock/reggae. Played in an 'agitprop' new-wavey band back in the heydays of 77-81...still miss having a kit around.

Before that I used to pummel sofas
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #7 of 40
Been playing the guitar on and off for many years. Mediocre, but still love it, and I can't see myself ever putting the guitar on the shelf for good.

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 40
I took piano lessons back in the day, ad then I stopped and couldn't even play marry had a little lamb. Last year I started again, and can play alright.
Now I'm learning guitar. It sucks to learn when i can do the same thing on piano so much more easily. I just get frustrated really fast, but I keep practicing.

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #12 of 40
I sing terribly.

But I've played the clarinet over 25 years now and have a deep love for the bass clarinet. Spent years marching with a sousaphone, as well. If I had the room, I'd pick up another tuba to fool around with.

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #13 of 40
I've been a guitarist and singer since I was a teen. There have been many semi-pro bands, but I think I'm probably done with all of that at this point.

Tim

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 40
I sing in the shower. Do that count?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back