Anyone hear of the Ixos Ministry of Music Headphones?
Jul 12, 2001 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MusicBum

New Head-Fier
I heard some good reviews on it so i was wondering if you guys heard of it and what you guys thought of it. If you heard of these, what are your opinions on these headphones?

Jul 12, 2001 at 7:56 AM Post #2 of 9
Heard it,

Had the most expensive ones, dont know if they were the best. Decent sound. Very harsh painfull at normal listening volumes. Worth the money??? Maybe for DJ's, I think there are better buy's out there for people who want to enjoy music.

Jul 12, 2001 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 9
If you are looking for a DJ headphone, you should listen to the Sennheiser HD 25-1. It is a light, closed headphone that sounds fantastic. It has a rotable earcup and sound isolation is quite good (it's only flaw: the price). I never listened to MoS headphones, so I can't judge. IMO, Sony V700DJ is not a good headphone if you also want to listen to the music (It's quite boomy) + it is not so practical to use in mix situation cause it is a bit bulky. Though i never listened to it, some reports say the Technics 1200 headphone is also quite decent.

Jul 12, 2001 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 9
i pretty much agree with ai0tron. i had the same model, dj1001, and was comparing it mainly with Denon 950, which was way, way better--for listening to music. Don't know about how it would be for dj'ing.

Jul 12, 2001 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 9
I just purchased the Ministry of Sound DJ1005 headphones from Buy.com. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow from UPS. I'll let you people know how I like them. I've also been very curious about these headphones. We'll see what happens.

Jul 13, 2001 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 9
I received the Ministry Of Sound DJ1005 headphones today.I have to honestly say that I am very impressed. Build quality is excellent,self-adjusting headband,single-entry cord which is of the thicker and more durable quality similair to the Grado connecting cords. This model feels comforatable to wear also.They do not specify the weight,but I would say they are between 8 or 9oz. They are 32ohms,40mm drivers,frequency response: 20-22,000hz,113db SPL. The connecting cord is aprrox.10ft. And most importantly, the sound: I use the Grado RA-1 amp and they really sound great with the RA-1. A very good balanced sound,great bass(not boomy at all) and clear crisp highs. Now I have to say that the RA-1 sounds best with 32ohm headphones,of course being that all the Grados are 32ohms as well. My SR-125's still sound the best through the RA-1, but being that the DJ1005's are also 32ohms I feel it is one of the reasons they sound so good through this amp. I got these headphones from Buy.com for $34.95 + $5.45 S&H. Buy.com has all of the Ministry Of Sound headphones with pictures and descriptions.Hope this helped.

Jul 13, 2001 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 9
I have the 1005 headphones. Yes they do sound quite good - well balanced generally and fairly efficient. However, I find them uncomfortable to wear for long periods and they leak sound a fair bit.

They really only get used to monitor sound from my PC - e.g. checking the quality of MP3's and the like. In this role they are well worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back