Anyone have the one of the new archos mp3 tablets?
Oct 31, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 16
Nov 1, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #6 of 16
I purchased a 32 - SQ is pretty neutral.   No EQ on any of the standard apps.

However, Rockbox has an early development port and using that with the 32 improves the SQ a lot.    I personally think it rivals my Clip, once the EQ setings are tweaked.

As for the device overall, I like it.  Probably the worst thing is the low storage, but allegedly an OTG cable will allow me to add an external device like a thumb drive to expand the storage.   I won't know for sure for a few weeks, waiting on a cable.

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
The 16GB Archos 43 is actually $199 and will be available through numerous sites, including www.Archos.com, in a few days.

That has already been proven false. If you check their site, the official pricing for the 16gb Archos 43 is $249, disappointing, but still fair. 
The 8gb model is $199, though there are speculations that it was discontinued after the initial production batch.

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
That has already been proven false. If you check their site, the official pricing for the 16gb Archos 43 is $249, disappointing, but still fair. 
The 8gb model is $199, though there are speculations that it was discontinued after the initial production batch.

I'll take your word for it.

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 16
I wouldn't lie to you 
wink.gif

https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5003.html

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #10 of 16
If I were you, I would wait for the Cowon D3. It is said that it will have Android too and as every other Cowon DAP an EQ for sure. TBH the Archos 32 looks quite interesting, the only reason I do not want to order it is that it has no capacitive touchscreen.

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
If I were you, I would wait for the Cowon D3. It is said that it will have Android too and as every other Cowon DAP an EQ for sure. TBH the Archos 32 looks quite interesting, the only reason I do not want to order it is that it has no capacitive touchscreen.

This would be great if it was confirmed, but I doubt that it will come anytime soon, and I am an impatient person. The archos tablets are also noted for their fair price, while I expect the D3 to be very expensive considering it will be cowon's flagship (only north american model with wifi, etc.). If this rumor proves to be false or has not met expectations (no wifi, just like the J3), then the wait would be in vain. Also, there is a huge market with cheap android tablets that use resistive touchscreens, so don't just single out archos for making some of their android devices with a resistive touchscreen. I will stick with my archos 43 for now, and it will be my first android device, so I don't know what to expect. 

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
This would be great if it was confirmed, but I doubt that it will come anytime soon, and I am an impatient person. The archos tablets are also noted for their fair price, while I expect the D3 to be very expensive considering it will be cowon's flagship (only north american model with wifi, etc.). If this rumor proves to be false or has not met expectations (no wifi, just like the J3), then the wait would be in vain. Also, there is a huge market with cheap android tablets that use resistive touchscreens, so don't just single out archos for making some of their android devices with a resistive touchscreen. I will stick with my archos 43 for now, and it will be my first android device, so I don't know what to expect. 

Well, from what I have read, it already has some Korean approvement, something like the FCC. It also has got some radiation approvement for WIFI usage. I expect it to be out in a month or so. BUT I fully understand you and Archos really has fair prices. So enjoy your Archos and share your impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 16
Anyone order the Archos 43 yet? I'd like to hear some user opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back