Anyone have experience with the ATH-ANC27?
Feb 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

geezlouise

New Head-Fier
First off should I even bother with active noise cancelling headphones?I've heard that they might not have the best sound.I mainly listen to electronic music,but I've started to listen to hiphop,rap and some music with a lot of background instruments...for example Somebody that I used to know by Gotye and Young Blood by the Naked and Famous.I've been searching far and wide for replacements for my CALs,I want something that I can wear for hours.I prefer circumaurals to supraaurals.The CALs were lacking in isolation so my search led me to these headphones.I have to say,searching for headphones is very vast and interesting,I've been through a bunch of headphones that I thought were my next pair then woops I find something new.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 3
Active noise cancellation? Do you intend to use them for planes? As far as I know, IEM's are good enough for isolating everywhere else. That, and Shure olives and Comply tips, in my opinion, does a better job at isolation compared to ANC. Some people may beg to differ. Also, when you pay that much for active noise cancelling headphones, there will perpetually be white noise because of ANC and that it wouldn't sound as technically proficient as a non-ANC headphone.  

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Maybe not that much for planes,but I do travel by bus and subway a lot.I can get a pair for about 80 bucks shipped so they cost just as much as my CALs did.Thanks for the suggestion for IEMs,but I really prefer the comfort of a circumaural.Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back