anyone have experience w/ 6i, s.f 5pro, & E4?
Feb 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 24
You must have absolutely cavernous ear canals.
wink.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #18 of 24
you will be very happy with them. Bottom line is that anything you buy you will find many here that do not like them. It is all personal.

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by andersoj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on your purchase I think you will really enjoy your superFis. Just don't listen to any other more balanced phones and I'm sure you'll love them.

LOL

Unfortunately, I'm too late to give any useful input.
If you liked the 6i, you'll probably move on nicely to the e4c. It's warmer, vocals are better, with better extension on both ends (though the treble will need a bit of EQ-up or amping for the extension to be more apparent, IMHO), and they still manage to be more detailed than the 6i.
Of course, the fit is generally superior to the SF5Pro, by [mine and] most accounts. It's loses to the 6i for low profile though, if you wear the 6i over the ears.

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You must have absolutely cavernous ear canals.
wink.gif

You hit the nail on the head Piccolo. You have to have BIG ear holes to get the most out of the Super.fis.

Here's how they fit me.
h320superfi5pro008nd5.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioactive28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL

Unfortunately, I'm too late to give any useful input.
If you liked the 6i, you'll probably move on nicely to the e4c. It's warmer, vocals are better, with better extension on both ends (though the treble will need a bit of EQ-up or amping for the extension to be more apparent, IMHO), and they still manage to be more detailed than the 6i.
Of course, the fit is generally superior to the SF5Pro, by [mine and] most accounts. It's loses to the 6i for low profile though, if you wear the 6i over the ears.

i certainly believe that the e4's are like a higher-quality version of the 6i's. but i was looking for a change, and i actually quite enjoy bass- so long as it's not all muddy. i'm by no means an audiophile; i was just looking for the best overall phones i could get for my money. the concensus is that the 5pro's have the better soundstage and more bass, making them ideal for rock, which makes up about 80% of everything i listen to (the rest being old country, jazz, big band, and the like).
my biggest concern w/ the 5pro's was that they stuck out so much and that the isolation wasn't so hot. after seeing the fs mod, i'm no longer concerned w/ that issue. i'd be very surprised if i didn't like the 5pro's, but if i do then i'll more than likely just return em for e4's.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by andersoj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Ingo, you have been blessed. It looks like you could sleep with those puppies in.

You should see the E4s in my ears. If you were looking at me head-on you would only be able to see the wires coming out over my ears.

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #24 of 24
I too have large ear canals (and rather small ears oldly enough). I need the large sleeves to get a seal. In fact, without the flip-side mod I cannot get keep a seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back