anyone have a spare 1/4 to 1/8 adapter?
Sep 24, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #16 of 24
Darn! You mean I'm not getting my RS-1? LoL. I've been a part of online communities before and part of the fun was teasing a bit. But we always helped each other out. And it seems that Head-Fi folks are just as generous. Even more so. But don't take our fun away! Teasin' is lovin'.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #17 of 24
just to clarify, i did not create this thread looking for handouts. i was prepared to pay and did say that, though i also know these nondescript ones you'd pick up at a radioshack aren't more than a few bucks. all in all, it's a potential "WTB" i don't think many would bother with which is why i brought it here. i don't live in port colborne, am not even from canada but here visiting someone. it's a real small town and did not believe there was anywhere in town to pick one of these things up, and so a thread was made.

that said, what hagak said about the cheapies slowly wearing down the plug after a while is a concern and explains why people shell out the extra bucks for a grado adapter. unless someone has one for sale here i think i'll just shop around online.

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #20 of 24
I got mine from Goodcans, they had the cheapest shipping for me. You can easily of course build your own which is what I planned to do however I could not find a female 1/4" inline jack that I liked from the same source as the 1/8" plug, so it would have been more expensive for me to build my own with shipping charges from 2 places.

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe it or not some areas of the world it can be very difficult to find such things.

Bullcrap.

I got nothing against sending the guy a free adapter that many of us have 10 of, but do not act like there is anywhere on the planet you cannot get one of these.

I bought one in Kenya. I also bought one from a hat shop in Belarus. I lose them a lot. There is no area of Canada that sells fuel and educates children wherein you cannot obtain a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter.

Sep 26, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #22 of 24
I'm originally from Canada. There are plenty of places that have no access to things like 1/4 to 1/8 adapters. Sure one could drive for a couple hours or more and find something. I spent several months in a small town on the Saskchewan prairie about 60 to 70 miles away from a city where I could find a Radio Shack. In the winter, I'd be snowed in. I bought my groceries at a general store (work gloves, beer, Scotch, Smedley's beef steak and kidney pie in a tin, eggs, back bacon, cereal, veggies, socks, shirts, meat, etc.) most of the time. I had 3 stores nearby. One 14 miles away on washboard roads and one 11 miles away on something resembling blacktop or 33 miles away on gravel (I took the 33 mile route because I could actually go to a Chinese restaurant or an Italian one and even see a movie (i.e, Sheena the She-Wolf of Siberia or some other major motion picture). None of these towns sold 1/4 to 1/8 adaptors (this was back in the mid 1980s--these places have shrunk in size and there are probably less places to shop, except for the 33 mile away town which was a regional centre of sorts--it now probably has a Radio Shack).

In such little podunk towns, we really liked getting mail. Summers were okay and we thought little of driving 2 hours to get to the capital of the province where we could shop 'til we drop or whatever. It'd probably be quicker if one of us sent the fellow one of those cheap adaptors (which we all probably have a couple or more) and call it a day than playing the mail order game, though with the internet (just rememberd that it exists--I was back in the mid 80's at the salt mine where I used to work) I suppose our fellow could have had it pretty quick (and he did offer to pay). Oh hell, I'm just blithering on and on. Oh well....

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Radio Shack has them...you're telling me you live far enough away in ruralality (lol) that there's no Radio Shack?

Radio Shack closed a lot of their stores in the past year or so.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bullcrap.

I got nothing against sending the guy a free adapter that many of us have 10 of, but do not act like there is anywhere on the planet you cannot get one of these.

I bought one in Kenya. I also bought one from a hat shop in Belarus. I lose them a lot. There is no area of Canada that sells fuel and educates children wherein you cannot obtain a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter.

Well I know I live in rural VA and had to drive to 2 radio shacks more than 30 miles away to just get one. Not all Radio Shacks carry them, the 1/4 -> 1/8 adapter is not that common of a part versus the 1/8->1/4 adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back