anyone have a spare 1/4 to 1/8 adapter?
Sep 23, 2008 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

unseen

100+ Head-Fier
i realize there's a forum for this but i'm a bit impatient.

i got a pair of sr225's not realizing i needed an adapter as i'd only used ms1's prior. i'd prefer the grado adapter but i'm not picky. a brandless cheapie works. i'm in a rural area right now and don't believe there's a store around here that carries these. hoping someone here can just throw a no-name one in an envelope at a minimal price as i'm anxious to get put these 225's to use
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 24
Radio Shack has them...you're telling me you live far enough away in ruralality (lol) that there's no Radio Shack?

Sep 23, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 24
Send me your address, I have a no-name el cheapo that you can have gratis. I will have one of my minions mail it out to you tomorrow or Thurs.

Cheers!

P.S. The Grado one is the best. I keep one at home and one at work.
I also use a Grado extention headphone extension cord at home--very nice.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 24
what a nice board. thank you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

i did forget to mention though that i am in canada. port colborne to be exact, no radioshacks believe it or not. yash - if that's not an issue, i'd love to take you up on the offer.

bc - how much do your customs run and what is done exactly? i wasn't aware you guys were doing custom adapters for these.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 24
See others have already offered, but if you still need one. I have the Radio Shack one I can part with.

I would however highly recommend one like the Grado. The moment arm that is created from one like the Radio Shack part will easily damage most 1/8" jacks over time. Quick test to anyone who has the radio shack one, attach it to the Grado headphone then hold the cable horizontal by just gripping the ground ring of the 1/8" plug and you will see how much force it puts on the jack.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 24
Hello I also am a new user with a low post count.

Could some kind people please send me some free things. I didnt realise that I'd need them to go with the stuff I've already bought which clearly says in its specs what it itself comes with.

I'd buy these easily found and very cheap things myself but I am without patience or inclination.

Many thanks.

[/satire]

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could some kind people please send me some free things. [/satire]

Very sad, but entertaining.

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #9 of 24
Duggeh,

I have some left over fish 'n' chips from my dinner that I would happily send you. Sorry to say, but you'll have to provide your own ketchup (it's wierd but I"m out of the red stuff--I got Grey Poupon, though).

Cheers!

P.S. What is satire?

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #11 of 24
I ordered my 225s from a fellow Head-Fier and he's throwing in his el cheapo adaptor. But I still ordered one from Headroom all the same when I ordered my Airhead. The internet. It's a wonderful thing. Even in rural Canada I believe. Lmao
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 24
I ordered my 225s from a fellow Head-Fier yesterday and he's throwing in his el cheapo adaptor. But I still ordered one from Headroom all the same when I ordered my Airhead today. The internet. It's a wonderful thing. Even in rural Canada I believe. Lmao
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by unseen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what a nice board. thank you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

i did forget to mention though that i am in canada. port colborne to be exact, no radioshacks believe it or not. yash

Radioshack - No
The Source by Circuit City - Yes

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could some kind people please send me some free things. I didnt realise that I'd need them to go with the stuff I've already bought which clearly says in its specs what it itself comes with.

I'd buy these easily found and very cheap things myself but I am without patience or inclination.

Many thanks.

[/satire]

Ease up, the guy is asking for a $1 part that many people here might just as well throw away, toss it in a padded envelop and throw a stamp of 2 on it. I know I will not use mine again, i got it as a temp. solution. Believe it or not some areas of the world it can be very difficult to find such things.

Being nice to someone with a low post count might make them come back and be nice to other people which makes for a nice board. (looks at my post count
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back