Anyone has IPOD U2??? Is the sq better than shuffle?
Apr 2, 2006 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

malvinas

New Head-Fier
I have had shuffle for almost 2 years and I am getting a little bored of it recently, so I decided to get myself a new one, and now I am attracted by IPOD U2 simply because I love its color
biggrin.gif

But the point is, I will not buy U2 if it does not sound as good as shuffle, so could someone has it tell me if it could be compared with shuffle?

Regards

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
You're getting bored? Try out different music instead of a different DAP.

Well, I mainly listen to thrash metal, such as In Flames, Children Of Bodom and so on, havent listened to hiphop for a long time. Perhaps ur right.
But I still want to get a new one, cuz 1GB is too small for me, usually I need to convert ape to mp3 and this take not only a bit longer time than converting ape to wav.
And I use um2.

Apr 2, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 21
The U2 ipod is the 4th gen / 4th gen photo. Which is inferior SQ wise to the shuffle, wether you'd notice the difference im not sure.

Lots of people concider the 5th gen to be better then the shuffle SQ wise. Try it out.

Apr 2, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #6 of 21
I own both the 5G and the Shuffle. I find it very difficult to discern any real difference in SQ between the two. If you don't mind the absence of an LCD, storage limitations, video, etc., get the Shuffle.

Apr 2, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2
I own both the 5G and the Shuffle. I find it very difficult to discern any real difference in SQ between the two. If you don't mind the absence of an LCD, storage limitations, video, etc., get the Shuffle.

they're quite close in effect , both have a good sound , for sq there's who prefer the 5g , and who prefer the shuffle ( that costs 1 fraction of the 5g
wink.gif
)

if you consider amping a line out the story get different though ..

Apr 2, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 21
I've got one (B&W) and to my knowledge, it sounds exactly the same as any other 4G iPod. I have never heard a shuffle though. I am very happy with mine, and I use it with my KSC-75's. I got mine used off of the boards here.

-Dan

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 21
Just say no to 4G iPods. They had just the most STUPID flaws soundwise. Things that anyone working on them should have been able to catch off of stock earbuds!

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #11 of 21
Yup, the most annoying one being the 'hissing' sound and some other bugs that could not be fixed because it was on the iPod board itself.

IMHO, the 4G was the 'lost' iPod generation.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Just say no to 4G iPods. They had just the most STUPID flaws soundwise.

eek.gif

line out or what else

-----------------------
The 4g is the one Vinnie Rossie mods to bring out the i-mod , which is supposely the best DAP commercially widely available on earth at the moment soundqualitywise.

plainface.gif

(runs away leaving behind the flames)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back