Anyone got an AudioLineOut line-out?
Dec 25, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #211 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveypadot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the reply. I am going to get a better soud quality with the imod and a high end mini to mini cable pluged into my tomahawk than just using an interconnect from my current ipod to the tomahawk?

If you have an 80gb ipod you can't get an imod. It's only being done on 4th gen ipods.

BTW...You have great earphones don't try to save money on your interconnect! Go ALO jumbo cryo or anything else jumbo. Silver or copper jumbo.
wink.gif
(Cryo will be more durable)

Dec 25, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #212 of 216
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveypadot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am actually not using any I got ahead of myself and bought e500's and a tomahawk and no interconnect

No worries. Ken is very fast!!! It IS the holidays so bear with him but he generally ships out very fast.

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #213 of 216
Is the imod applicable to second gen Ipod Mini 6GBs? And I am assuming that this will have a significant difference as I have found the quality between my ipod and friend's cd player (i forget the company, but it was a rather big beast, started with m... anyway) to be quite significant in difference. And I don't belive it is because of the difference in mp3 and cds. I always rip with lame mp3 with max quality vbr and the slowest process to ensure i squeeze out every bit of quality that I can. I have even done A/B comparisons afterwards, and there was little difference in quality there.

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #214 of 216
The imod is only applicable to 4th gen ipods.

ONLY 4th gen ipods. No others.

Dec 26, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #216 of 216
I just got an ALO Switchcraft righty mini-mini. And I must say, I'm now a believer. The sound is alot more robust. That really sums it up. The increments in SQ between a rat shack, a silver DIY with neutriks, and the ALO are very minute, but noticeable at the same time back to back.

The biggest benefit of the ALO, is the pliability of it. It's as flexible as the rat shack cheapie, yet it has better SQ and looks tons better. It's not as stiff as the silver solid (duh). Also, it feels more rubbery. Not plasticky like the DIY teflon or the ratshack housing. Even the shrink tubing, feels rubbery, not like hard plastic. It oozes quality though. Looks like the ALO is my new mobile....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back