Anyone from the Philippines here?
Nov 15, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #466 of 589
A few photos from the November HiFi Show 2015 in Manila. Makati actually but to an international audience the airport is Manila, like me saying I'm going to Los Angeles but I'm actually going to be in Orange County (or I'll say San Francisco but I'll actually be in Daly City half the time).

An OTL tube amplifier prototype designed by Rene Rivo, aka Hyperaudio. This and the HD600 are fantastic for playback of epic metal and groovy rock tracks - very nimble combo that hits hard with no bloat.

-----

---

And since the venue is different this year, instead of sushi from Nihonba****ei I had a huge Reuben from The Flying Pan.

My gulay! I how i wish when I came back to the Philippines I would have a chance to hear those equipment! :D Ahhhhhhhh!

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #467 of 589
Quote:

My gulay! I how i wish when I came back to the Philippines I would have a chance to hear those equipment!
biggrin.gif
Ahhhhhhhh!

Look at it from a different perspective - you practically drive around among the finest lean sirloin and brisket in the world short of the Cianina cattle in Northern Italy.

Just look at that magnificent motherf*****, and imagine a 1.75in thick sirloin from that getting seared on a cast iron grate propped up by cinder blocks under the night sky.

Oh speaking of "gulay," I liked that Reuben but only because it's rare to find Reubens in menus here, and even then, half the time it sucks. Even that one had relatively bland rabe, which is supposed to have a very subtle hint of bitter taste. What I do at home is use Korean beef stew (which is also brisket) along with Chinese stir-fried bak choi (pechay) but I go easy on the oyster sauce (but more garlic). I then put both of them between wheat bread, and sometimes with buffalo white cheese from Laguna or from the Phil Carabao Center facility in Region2.

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #469 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwangsun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread. Lol. Half the time it's audio. The other half it's food. hahaha

He's got to look at the only bright side to living in Texas. Used to be three since Allison Harvard and Ann Ward are from there, but after ANTM they've been working everywhere else, including Allison Harvard in Manila at least twice a year, including the Bench undergarments show 
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #470 of 589
Merry Christmas everyone! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #476 of 589
Happy New Year! More poison to come. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #477 of 589
Happy New Year! 
biggrin.gif

Instead of blowing up gunpowder last night I decided to blow up my arteries instead, and only for around $6.

Brunch: brushed bread with roasting juices, toasted, and then had cracklings. For those who aren't lazy, add some kimchi/atchara/sauerkraut, broccoli rabe, or even laing.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #480 of 589
Dear fellow Pinoy head-fiers,

Uuwi ako ng Pinas by Monday morning (am working in Vietnam for the past 7 years and flies to Manila only 2X a year) for a 4-day holiday break. Any "true" audiophile shop recommendations that I can visit once I am in Manila?

I want to buy some accessories for my hobby which are not available in Vietnam, like Westone IEM silicone star tips, Shure olives (assorted sizes), Shure yellow foam sleeves, the new Fiio K5 dock (for Fiio X7). I might also consider buying a new Westone UM Pro 50 or W60 (depende sa price).

Salamat all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back