Anyone from the Philippines here?
Oct 2, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #451 of 589
  More importantly, can I ask them to tune the XXX to sound like other CIEMs that I don't have? Cause then maybe I'll ask them to tune it to sound like something more expensive. Lol. Like the NT6

maybe you may want to wait for @ronnel0918's answer...he's the best person to answer this. but tuning can only go by as much...that's why manufacturers still pump the market with iems with more than 3 drivers....to others it's just a marketing gimmick since a single driver iem tuned well can perform as well or better than other multi driver iems (er4s)....to others the more the drivers, the better - this is the crazy hobby that we are in - it's very subjective.
blink.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #452 of 589
I think it depends on the execution. For example, a well tuned dynamic driver, like those found in the IE800, IE80 or the IE8 are superb drivers (granted dynamic ones) and sound better than many dual BA models (or even triple). A dual driver UE5 is probably (I have never tried them) superior to the TF10. It comes down to tuning, configuration and execution. 

Anyway, I have some bad news. The pricing and the entire product line of Flipears has changed. They have an upcoming single dynamic model which is set to replace the X model. The Aiden, a 2-way crossover design will replace the XXX as the 15k CIEM, with the Aisha, a 3-way crossover (unsure if that means 3 driver or not) model is now 20k. The new upcoming Aim is a Quad-driver (3-way cross) 23k. There is a possibility that the Aisha is a dual driver setup as they did mention that the Aim will be a quad, but did not say as much regarding the Aisha. The Aiden is definitely dual. 

So there you have it. I'm gonna go for the Music One now as it makes less sense for me to hold out for their dynamic single driver model. The dual might be good, but I'd feel just a tad cheated paying triple money for a dual driver model. That and they don't take credit cards. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #456 of 589
  mmm......who's going to the November Hifi Show? Sino pupunta? I have not been to one but I'll make time for this year.  

I have no news about that November HIFI show saan yan?

Guys do  you have any suggestion about what CIEM I can bought with $600 budget or less. Nasa US ako ngayon.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #459 of 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlife2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a yearly thing, a few years ago Aquino arrived just after we left to check out the Stella Utopias and local manufacturers like A-Audio speakers, and AMX and Trodt tube amps. Normally at the Dust Thani but it's being renovated.

My photos from last year's show:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlife2011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guys do  you have any suggestion about what CIEM I can bought with $600 budget or less. Nasa US ako ngayon.

Depends on how long you're going to be there. 1964Ears has the Quad but their website says 6-8 weeks turnaround times, likely because any time a CIEM (from any fabricator) gets popular the thread devolves into a hate thread as they get flooded with orders and people don't get theirs within two to three weeks. So there's actually a chance that they might just be overestimating and you get them sooner, but again that's just a guess.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #460 of 589

depende yan sa panlasa mo pre..
ano ba mostly genre pinapakinggan mo?
and ano current gears mo now?

Current gear ko ngayon is IFI - MICRO IDSD DAC paired with HIFIMAN HE-400S
Wala akong genre na palaging pinapakinggan eh. From Classical to EDM's pinapakinggan ko.

It's a yearly thing, a few years ago Aquino arrived just after we left to check out the Stella Utopias and local manufacturers like A-Audio speakers, and AMX and Trodt tube amps. Normally at the Dust Thani but it's being renovated.

My photos from last year's show:

Depends on how long you're going to be there. 1964Ears has the Quad but their website says 6-8 weeks turnaround times, likely because any time a CIEM (from any fabricator) gets popular the thread devolves into a hate thread as they get flooded with orders and people don't get theirs within two to three weeks. So there's actually a chance that they might just be overestimating and you get them sooner, but again that's just a guess.

Thanks for the information :) I hope pag uwi ko makapunta ako sa mga ganya to try some new gears. :) Ginaganahan tuloy ako mag ipon. :D

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #461 of 589

CustomArt isn't US based and is located in Poland. However, they are the value king of CIEMs at the moment. Cheaper than the Flipears. They don't have a 6 driver model sold openly, but do offer an exclusive model called the Ei.XX offered only on Massdrop. The turnaround time is estimated to be 1 month. Pretty good if you ask me. There might be used Ei.XX available in the market soon and you might be able to grab one at a used price and reshell through CustomArt. Their reshelling is pretty well priced at just 75 Euros. At current exchange rate, that's nearly 75 bucks. Cheapest by far. Ei.XX retailed for 599.99 on Massdrop.

They don't offer an in between model and just goes from 3 driver to 8 driver. So price will jump from one to the other. Basically they have a gap in the market, only filled by the exclusive Massdrop offering. If you get a chance at getting a pair, don't miss out. Piotr, the founder, is exceptional in service and talent. The company is fresh, but you can tell that there is real talent behind the helm. The Music One, their entry CIEM at 220 (silicone mold, a rarity) is known around these parts as the single BA CIEM budget king. Pretty much everything they make is priced to compete. No, priced to beat is more accurate. They perform on par with more expensive CIEM offerings from other brands. Word is, the CustomArt tuning is something of a wonder. Similar to Noble, without the price. 

If you're looking for CIEMs under 600, I ordered the Music Two and the Ei.XX and can offer impressions when I receive them. Music Two is dual BA, but a more advanced version compared to the usual fare of multi-BA earphones out there. It was built as a dual BA solution from Sonion and uses the 1723 driver units with Accupass. Good stuff at 325 Euros. Then there is the Ei.3, 2-way triple driver. It's priced lower than the dual Music Two as it's acrylic and performs similarly to the Music Two. Music Two has more treble, while the Ei.3 has more bass emphasis. Then there is the professional grade PRO330V2 at 500 Euros. This is probably much more within the price you're looking, but the PRO330V2 being a PRO gear isn't highly recommended. Not musical enough for most, and you'd be better off with the 64 Ears V6S. Their Harmony 8 is beyond your budget at 1000 Euros. But was on Massdrop for close to 800.  

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #464 of 589
I agree that your best bet would be custom art or 64 audio given your price range.Also hi all.

Hello there! 
gs1000.gif

Hmm maybe I should wait until black Friday comes and see where I can save more. Dahil sweldo bukas tinaasan ko na budget ko sa CIEM na gusto kong bilin. :D What do you think of 64 AUDIO A6 ($1100+ PRICE RANGE)?

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #465 of 589
A few photos from the November HiFi Show 2015 in Manila. Makati actually but to an international audience the airport is Manila, like me saying I'm going to Los Angeles but I'm actually going to be in Orange County (or I'll say San Francisco but I'll actually be in Daly City half the time).

An OTL tube amplifier prototype designed by Rene Rivo, aka Hyperaudio. This and the HD600 are fantastic for playback of epic metal and groovy rock tracks - very nimble combo that hits hard with no bloat.

-----

---

And since the venue is different this year, instead of sushi from Nihonba****ei I had a huge Reuben from The Flying Pan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back