Anyone excited about the Wii Fit?
Apr 1, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #16 of 23
Both the Wired and the Gizmodo reviewers used the Wii Fit and did find it helped them lose weight (and both were skeptical beforehand). So it seems to work. But the real point is just to have fun.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

I find that most people that don't like the Wii, or Nintendo in general, fit into that crowd, where people think that virtual killing is a better way to spend their time.

Or they just like games with depth. Wii's fine (if not great) for the casual/arcade crowd, but iffy for the guys who want something to chew on.

An $80 board? If I had a Wii, I'd spend it on games instead, i.e. smash bros, no more heroes, or the upcoming okami. I actually like exercise.

Quote:

Both the Wired and the Gizmodo reviewers used the Wii Fit and did find it helped them lose weight (and both were skeptical beforehand). So it seems to work.

Burn more calories than you take in and bam! Weight loss!

It really isn't that hard. Hell, you technically don't even need to work out.

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you actually exercise instead of buying the game to tell you to move your body? Are guys that lazy? Nothing against Wii but this is really stupid, teaching us more how to be lazy. Just get a platform or even a book and pretend you're a moron waving your arms around on top of it... Such a stupid idea. Plus that's not exactly going to make you fit since it doesn't burn much calories and you are in almost stationary place.

The Wii Fit isn't just an exercise module-it has great potential for simulation style games. Look at Wii Sports-Its' a great game for demonstrating the potential of the Wiimote, but it doesn't even begin to cover all of its possible uses. The same way, while the Wii-Fit is packaged as a fitness system, it has potential for other games like that upcoming Namco ski simulator. For a person like me, who sucks at skiing, a game like that could be fun because it allows me to simulate skiing at home instead. I've already spent more time getting 'exercise' with Tennis in Wii-sports than I do on my treadmill because, tennis is far more fun and in the winter, I can't play it outdoors here.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #20 of 23
I can run on a treadmill, but that does not mean that I dislike playing basketball. The two (and many more) can coexist in an active lifestyle.

In other words, I won't be selling my treadmill, but I am looking forward to playing wii-fit.

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 23
My wife and kid want a wii really badly. How does one buy the things without getting ripped off. It looks like you have to buy a package with a bunch of stuff you don't want. I'd appreciate any suggestions on buying just what is needed to enjoy the thing.

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #23 of 23
Looks like preorders for Wii Fit are setting records:
Gaming Bits - Wii Fit Pre-Orders Sell Out In UK; 5-minute Preview Video
"Poised to become the fastest selling Wii game ever, "Wii Fit" by Nintendo has outstripped all previous records on Play.com by selling out its entire allocation in one day. Launching in the UK on 25 April, Play.com says it has been "overwhelmed" by demand for the new fitness game."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back