Anyone ever got burned on Audiogon?
Dec 12, 2002 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ProJoe

New Head-Fier
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever gotten ripped off after buying something advertised on Audiogon. Or elsewere, but still a purchase of some high-end audio equipmnet. By "high-end" I mean stuff they don't carry at the local Best Buy or Circuit City.

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 10
I have both bought and sold thru them and never had a problem. I guess it's like eBay, watch out for low feedback people selling something too good to be true!! The other options is to buy the item from someone local and pick it up if you don't trust them!! I did that and it worked out perfectly, and I saved about $150 over what anyone else was selling the same item for.

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:53 AM Post #3 of 10
So far, so good. I am a newbie when it comes to buying/selling on Audiogon, but so far my experiences have been good. Waiting for a new pair of ICs that I purchased through them yesterday.

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm also a newbie, but I bought a power cord with no trouble at all a couple months ago, and I am awaiting the arrival of a modded Sony CE775 that I bought earlier this week. As it turned out, the person I bought it from is also a Head-Fi member who lives here in the Seattle area.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 10
I've done around fifteen transactions through Audiogon, and they've all been very smooth and easy. I've read of people that have had bad experiences, but they seem to be pretty rare.

Dec 13, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by chillysalsa
If a person is out to screw people over, they'll be exposed pretty quickly.

HOPEFULLY!!! HOPEFULLY!!!!

Dec 13, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #8 of 10
Made my first Agon purchase this week. Cables came in two days!
If you go the forums sections, there is place where disputes are heard. Kind of interesting to hear what both parties have to say about transactions gone bad.
md

Dec 13, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 10
I've done 35+ transactions over the past few years, no problems.
Best to deal with established members with extensive positive feedback. Some items are very delicate and can easily be damaged in shipping, be extra careful here with details of purchase.

If you buy from newbie with no feedback also be careful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back