Anyone ever dream of headphones?
May 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MellonCollie

100+ Head-Fier
It's a strange phenomenon.

I've dreamed of things I want but when I put on a pair of headphones, I feel all the clarity. It's weird, I never listen to a song, just random audio, The clarity is so good in them.

I've been on head-fi too long

May 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 10

MrViolin

Headphoneus Supremus
I have.
nahhh. Sometimes you dream of the things you want. Pretty normal.
Too long? It's only been ~6 months 
tongue.gif

May 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 10

MrViolin

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
I know that but when your brain reproduces sound It's pretty intense

Almost like a lucid dream experience

Oh yes. It actually is an amazing experience... but it's even more amazing/odd when you put on any headphone and it sounds like it's live...
Had me quite shocked in my dreams until I woke up.

May 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 10

csp40

New Head-Fier
Not really dreaming of headphones.
Once I was dreaming after I fell asleep with headphones on, I could hear the music playing within my dream. Just that once though, and the dream didn't last that long. Still it was quite interesting.

May 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 10

rhythm is life

100+ Head-Fier
I miss the dreams I used to have where I was listening to music on my headphones. In the last headphone-related dream I had, I sentenced my M50 to death by drowning. I guess Head-Fi was able to convince me that the M50 was overrated and I had to get rid of it at all costs
wink.gif

May 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 10

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat
I actually did dream of headphone last night - CIEMs to be exact. I've had plenty of similar dreams but this was the second time CIEMs came up.

it was a blue pair of FitEars (could tell from the labelling and the shape of the indent outwards on the inside-facing part of the shell), that much I could discern. She said they were C435s but I got the feeling they were MH335DWs for whatever reason. A middle aged female wearing glasses gave them to me to try out, I actually recall the sensation of putting them on in my "dream state" quite vividly. But I kept trying to discern the sound that it was "supposed" to make and nothing came out, I was quite disappointed. But then the lady kept asking how I liked them so I had to politely nod my head and say that they were very good. 

Then I found a cupboard (because somehow I could magically teleport from somewhere right into my bedroom - although we could've been in the bedroom the whole time), and inside of it was full of different IEMs, ones I've long since sold. The RE262s, the MTPCs. I rolled them in my hands, then I forget what had happened after as the dream had ended a few moments later.

If it was any other person I would've said they had gone crazy, but these dreams actually recur a lot for whatever reason (for whatever reason, the MTPCs ALWAYS comes up). And I know for a fact I've already gone crazy :p My only regret is that I didn't get to hear how they sounded in my dream state.

May 13, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #10 of 10

BillsonChang007

Headphoneus Supremus
I...did dream about headphone...once.. And that is K550 and E07K... LOL! That time, the E07K wasn't EVEN out yet and I said in the dream "This is a very warmish amp/dac what a nice stack for the slightly cold K550!" HOWEVER, I didn't manage to open the E07K box 
size]
 and...the K550's left earcup broke when I open it HAHAHAHHAHA 

That dream can also be known as Deja Vu! 1] the FiiO E07K turn out to be a warmish amp. 2] The next morning, someone reported about their K550 left earcup not working... 

Deja Vu...does happen to me...quite often last year... 

Billson :D

Users who are viewing this thread