Anyone Else Like their Canalphones over their Headphones?
Oct 16, 2005 at 11:53 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by hceiv
Does anyone know if there is a company (Sensa, UE, Westone, ect.) that plan on coming out with a IEM that compares the best of the headphones, or have IEM "peaked," meaning that they can't push the envelope any further than UE-10 pro, ES-3, Sensa's simply because they are IEM? I would think that future R&D could make advances in in-ear technology, but does the fact that canalphones have to go into your ears limit their capabilities when compared to full headphones?

Sure, there is a room for enhancements. It's hard to believe, though, because the Sensas are perfect to me as they are (I use them everywhere: at home and on-the-go). IEM's are relatively new when compared to the big headphones. Even greater improvement is just a matter of time. The results will show whether the "limitations" of the in-ear nature are to be overcome or whether we'll have again the comparison of apples and oranges. I believe it can be overcome.

Oct 16, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #32 of 38
No. Different purposes.
etysmile.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
...E4c's. Its just so amazing, like being in your own little world.

So true...however I am torn between the bulky but amazing sound of HD595/SR-71/Sik/iPod and the Convenience/isolation of e4/iPod. I'm letting my travel plans make the choice for me...if in a plane, e4 setup; if at Starbucks, HD595.

Oct 16, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #35 of 38
for me, i definitely prefer iems because it's so portable. Since i live in a dorm, the hd-650 would be pointless because of it's open design, and my head is too big for any headband to comfortably sit on top of my head.

and plus, i'm not a serious audiophile, just someone who wants better than average sound from better phones.

Nov 21, 2005 at 9:58 PM Post #37 of 38
I have both UM2 and Senn HD595 and I find myself reaching for my 595 much more. My UM2s are stictly for travelling/commuting. The UM2s are good but definitely no match for my full sized 595.

Nov 21, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #38 of 38
As much as I like my Ety's they will never beat my PS-1 or HF-1 (IMHO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back