Anyone Else Here a Total Guitar Hero Nerd?
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mrdeadfolx

Headphoneus Supremus
When these games first came out, I was the very first one to say "That game is so stupid, it has nothing to do with actually playing guitar." And then my best friend got it for Xbox 360. For about 4 straight visits to his house, all he did was stand in front of his damn TV clicking away on the plastic guitar. Finally one time I said OK, give me that thing, I wanna see what all the hype is about. I was an instant addict, and was forced to eat my words. I now own Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero II, Guitar Hero III, Guitar Hero Encore:Rocks the 80's, and Rock Band. I have become twice the Guitar Hero nerd my friend ever was. He started playing months before I did, and he plays on medium difficulty, while over the course of maybe one month I'm playing it on expert. Anyone else been bit by the bug? This is easily the most addicting video game I have ever played.

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 11
I totally suck at it.

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 11
And also GH is actually good for you. I've read that games that center around pattern/sequences & reflexes can make you smarter.

I used to do fairly well in Hard, but Expert totally destroyed me.

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to do fairly well in Hard, but Expert totally destroyed me.

That's my bitch about GH3. I'm new to the game (never played until a month ago), and expert is just too damn hard. I managed to complete most everything on hard until the last two gigs. I was actually doing pretty good until the Japanese show. Then the **** hit the fan and I couldn't even complete any of those songs. Seems like you actually have to practice that game just like a real instrument to be any good at it...a little too realistic IMO. I already have two real instruments I have to practice, I'm certainly not adding a fake one in the mix as well.

Jan 18, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #7 of 11
I've played a handful of times on someone else's system and I am one of the few who have played and have not become addicted.

The game is fun and has some good music, but I just can't persuade myself to buy it. I guess for me, money is better spent (or saved) elsewhere.

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 11
Fun game for sure. It's really the perfect party/social get-together game to play. There's nothing better around here than having a huge party with a Guitar Hero tournament, at least for me. We have loads of fun playing that game.

I started on II, now my sister got III and I have to admit, II was better, and Rock Band is definitely the game III should have been.

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 11
I'm very good at it because I play it like a piano. I can beat every song on expert in every version of the game except Dragonforce.

If I actually owned the game and played it more than just over my friend's houses, I could probably beat the dragonforce one too but that is really, really hard.

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #11 of 11
One of my friends also plays it like a piano, or more accurately like a guzheng. The only time I kicked his ass was when there were no chairs or sofas for him to sit down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very good at it because I play it like a piano. I can beat every song on expert in every version of the game except Dragonforce.

If I actually owned the game and played it more than just over my friend's houses, I could probably beat the dragonforce one too but that is really, really hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back