anyone else have same problem? I keep switching phones every year! (bad for $$)
Sep 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Rednamalas1

Headphoneus Supremus
Every year, being a guy who loves gadgets, I NEED TO buy brand new spiffy cell phones.
frown.gif

It happened again!! I just switched to blackberry Bold from Nokia N82... which isn't exactly outdated.

does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you stop it?

Sep 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 24
I am always suffering from upgraditis. Arggg! Thankfully its only gadget oriented right now, but I fear (and know) it soon will spread into my new hifi life.

Think regular iPhone to iPhone 3G... There weren't that many changes, lol. It is bad.

I am sorry to say this is a chronic, irreversible, and horrible condition.

So I can sympathize.

Sep 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 24
new year..new phone...always happens!

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
new year..new phone...always happens!

New year? Pfft. It used to be every 3-6 months for me with a phone before I switched.

Then I went over to Bell.
redface.gif
That cut the habit, but now photography's taking over my life.

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh switching to cdma might help, but it's rather useless when I travel. Plus, less schoice of phones in cdma (can't use foreign phones)

No duh!
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

I use a E62 when I travel. Can't live without QWERTY! It's a cheap, beat-up travel phone with quadband and a GSM slot - that's all I need.

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #8 of 24
Hey, as long as you can afford it. Recently I've been looking at the new SEs (w580i, and w760 if it comes to AT&T soon) to replace my dying iaudio u2. Sadly, if my w300i is any indication, they won't compare in sound. I normally don't give a crap about phones, but since I'm renewing my contract anyways, might as well as try to get a cheap one.

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 24
Ohh man, I can definitely sympathize. I absolutely love tech gadgets. I have a BlackBerry Pearl, and I think it's awesome. Sometimes I regret not getting the Curve, but not much. That Bold looks really sweet, too.

My love of gadgets includes, but is not limited to: DAPs, cell phones, laptops, and computer peripherals. Unfortunately, shiny-new-thing syndrome has a pretty strong hold on my audio hobby as well...it's actually what got me started with it in the first place.

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 24
Aggh gadget fever! I get it often but luckily I don't have the money to buy often and It's near impossible for me to save!

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohh man, I can definitely sympathize. I absolutely love tech gadgets. I have a BlackBerry Pearl, and I think it's awesome. Sometimes I regret not getting the Curve, but not much. That Bold looks really sweet, too.

My love of gadgets includes, but is not limited to: DAPs, cell phones, laptops, and computer peripherals. Unfortunately, shiny-new-thing syndrome has a pretty strong hold on my audio hobby as well...it's actually what got me started with it in the first place.

Bold is ridiculousely better than curve and 8800 combined!

The new BB OS rules! I feel bad for BB lovers south of the boarder though. you guys have to wait a bit before it releases?
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, as long as you can afford it. Recently I've been looking at the new SEs (w580i, and w760 if it comes to AT&T soon) to replace my dying iaudio u2. Sadly, if my w300i is any indication, they won't compare in sound. I normally don't give a crap about phones, but since I'm renewing my contract anyways, might as well as try to get a cheap one.

The thing is, I now have had big expenses last month - a ducati and a rangefinder camera - and picking up a cell phone is not helping matters into saving.

At least I'm done with my headphone rig for a while....where next step up will be balanced setup (years away, though)

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 24
I started going this route myself earlier this year by really getting into phones to where I started wanting certain models like those Nokia luxury models "just to have", but managed to stop myself. For me it was to simply shoot for the best, most feature rich phones, and don't stop for any in-betweeners. For me that meant looking at cream of the crop phones like the HTC Touch Cruise, Nokia N95-4, and the Nokia E90. I ended up skipping the Touch Cruise, and had the E90 and sold it once I got the N95-4. The N95-4 can literally do anything I could ever want my phone to do, and there's just nothing else on the market at this point that can satisfy me like it does. So, I'm done with phones for a while thanks to it . I just simply cannot justify any other phone out there right now when I compare them feature for feature with the N95-4. Although the upcoming N85 is tempting, basically a considerably slimmer N95.

My ultimate phone would be an updated, faster version of the Nokia E70-2 though...that, I would be all over in an instant. I wouldn't even dream of upgrading for years if Nokia did that. That form factor was godlike to me, except the phone was so darn slow. Its predecessor the 6820 was my phone for about 6 years.

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcibiades /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this affliction in pretty much everything technology related.

Glad I'm not the only Technophile around here
wink.gif

Gotta finish Uni, so I can afford to feed the addiction lol
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back