anyone else have same problem? I keep switching phones every year! (bad for $$)
Sep 15, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #16 of 24
I bought a new phone not too long ago (HTC Touch, posting from it right now actually) and since then I have been browsing phone related sites and thinking of what my next phone will be. It's ridiculous considering this one is light years beyond my last, and does all I could need and then some at the moment.

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 24
My most recent phone purchase was the Western Electric 202 model from ebay a couple months ago. Fully restored and working. To me, it's the ultimate phone. No other phone compares.

web202.jpg

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 24
Been there, done that..I'm now more interested in free minutes and free line rental
smily_headphones1.gif

For the last 3 years, I've been getting free line rental, 400 mins x-net and free 125 text p/m. Much better than a free phone
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My most recent phone purchase was the Western Electric 202 model from ebay a couple months ago. Fully restored and working. To me, it's the ultimate phone. No other phone compares.

web202.jpg

I know what I'm saving up for next
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #20 of 24
im using a cheap nokia, old. calls and texts only. battery lasts about 10+ days. i hardly ever charge it. cost me £20.

still, im thinking of upgrading to a new nokia, people keep sending me picture messages and i can't receive them.

Sep 16, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #21 of 24
Shoot! I thought by "switching phones" you were talking about switching headphones every year! I switch every time a CD stops and I have to get up to put a new one in! That's my signal that it's time for a new pair of headphones!

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Every year, being a guy who loves gadgets, I NEED TO buy brand new spiffy cell phones.
frown.gif

It happened again!! I just switched to blackberry Bold from Nokia N82... which isn't exactly outdated.

does anyone else have this problem? If so, how do you stop it?

With most things, it only happens when I settle and don't get what I really want.

Sep 18, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #23 of 24
You're not alone.
I usually switch phone each year myself. Probably related to the fact the company give us a new one every 12 months...

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by briank996 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With most things, it only happens when I settle and don't get what I really want.

but as soon I get my new phone, it's outdated
frown.gif

maybe I should just bite the bullet and use a vertu for 10 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not alone.
I usually switch phone each year myself. Probably related to the fact the company give us a new one every 12 months...

nice!! much better than coming out of your own pocket
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back