anyone else have a bad new years?
Jan 2, 2007 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
I was set on having a blast this newyears because 2005 was just terrible. In short I made plans with my gf, my friend, and my coworker, and none of them ended up returning my calls. Hence I spent new years eve babysitting the neighbours 3 kids, mostly eating cheetos and drinking bubbly apple juice. We missed the countdown by a minute because we were playing videogames.. This is especially ironic because I remember mentioning to my friend that nothing could be worst than what I did last new years. Anybody else got a story to share?
frown.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #2 of 44
Not that bad, but my computer got FUBAR'd and I spent the whole time re-formatting everything and getting it back up and running. I noticed it was 11:59 p.m. so I ran out to the T.V. and got the countdown at like 13 seconds. A minute or so later I returned back to fixing my computer. I planned on StarCraft but never got around to it. I spent the rest of the night surfing the internet to find stuff to blow my money on (Decided on the STAX SR-001 MKII system).

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 44
I didn't make any plans. Was invited to a few parties but went to none. My ex-girlfriend played phone tag with me but we left each other messages. Sat at my desk reading Head-fi. Before I knew it, it was 12:02 when I came back from the bathroom after taking a leak.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #4 of 44
yes, mine stank. wasn't as bad as last year's, but still a real let down.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 44
I stayed at home and was playing Baldur's Gate for NYE. I got home from work at 8 because I thought that none of my friends were going to be availible. Turns out the one very person I would have liked to have spent NYE with was home from her parents house and had nothing to do as well -_- Never got my call the day before.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 44
I spent New Years drinking with a couple people I didn't want to spend my New Years with. I was supposed to spend the night finding something to do with a (single straight female) friend, but she never called me or answered her phone. And I couldn't even get drunk, because I had to be at work at 10:30. Disappointing, but it could've been worse.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 44
well atleast the kids had fun, may have been a crummy new years for you but those kids might remember it as fun one, sorry I know I'm not helping, but there is always a different way to look at things ........

Happy New Years!!!!

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 44
Went for a countdown and afterwards we (me and my girlfriend) couldn't get a cab on the phone for 3 whole hours (couldn't even reach the answering machines cause several hundred thousand people were trying to book cabs from all 4 companies). At 3:30 her mom called and got pissed off because at 1-2am she told her she was on the way back. So then she comes and fetch us, it was real tense in that car. After dropping me off her mom gave her a nice long lecture and told her to stop seeing me
tongue.gif

But apparently the situations been resolved
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #12 of 44
I spent the evening eating snacks, drinking, playing foosball, and watching Futurama with my brother and a mutual friend of ours. Then I got on IRC and made an ass of myself for a couple of hours
biggrin.gif
I generally get together with a bunch of friends for a good old fashioned drinking party, but pretty much everyone was gone this year (at university in Toronto or visiting relatives in other provinces or countries). I wouldn't exactly say it was amazing, but it could have been worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back