Anyone else getting BORED with their zen micro?
Sep 10, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by echelon
how about waiting for the Zen Micro Photo? It's the same size/weight/look as the Micro but with a colour OLED screen and 8GB of storage!

I don't think that would be a worthwhile upgrade, and not sure 8 gigs is still enough. And it'll probably cost a fortune if/when it's released in Canada. Leading me to this next part..

Quote:

Or wait for the Zen Sleek to be released in the US.

wink.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
I guess i get sick of things to fast. now that all these new, sleek players are out, i feel kinda left behind. its still beautiful, i mean, its just, nothing exciting is happening with it.
I want something new.

I would resist thinking this way unless you have very specific SQ or functionality issues with the Micro. If you head down the road of always picking up what's shiny and tiny every time there's a product release, you'll end up with a lot less money and a player that sounds pretty good and plays lots of music.

Oh wait, that's what you had before.

In that case, you'll just end up with a lot less money.

Sep 11, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 22
zen micro rocks every other else in terms of firmware and compability with music subscribtion. well we're in many different situation, but for me, having zen micro compatible with many of today's music subscribtion service. it would save me a lot of money enjoying music that i love.

this i've been research over and over again, iPod don't have this.

i personally prefer my zen micro more than any other nice looking DAP out there. beside, hell i'm not gonna sold out to some iPod hype. walking up in some subway and looking at everybodyelse looks the same.

now that iPod nano is released, sheez now you know what's going to happen. another sight in boredom again.

be proud of your zen micro!

Sep 12, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ankga
zen micro rocks every other else in terms of firmware and compability with music subscribtion.

Yep. This is what sold me on the ZM. I wanted a portable player I could use with the Yahoo music service to listen to (audition) new music & learn about artists I wouldn't otherwise hear (I had been using the Yahoo service for a couple of months on my home computer & wanted to be able to use the service portably). It's been great for that, and 5GB is big enough for me to keep some of my (personally owned, MP3 rips) music on the player as well. Compared to the other subscription-compatible players out there, I found the ZM to be the best combination of price & features -- still is, as far as I can tell. Of course, your needs may be different, but DAPs seem to me to be marketed at a bunch of different sub-niches, and you need to be aware of what each is capable of and what you are looking for.

(short version: YMMV)

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back