Anyone else getting BORED with their zen micro?
Sep 9, 2005 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

rockit

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, i know, i was all hyped up at first with the zen micro when i got it last winter. But now, after returning it four times for deffects, and having it for like 5 months, it's lost its spark. it works perfectly, its in fine condition (not to many scratches, but some cracks on the back)
I guess i get sick of things to fast. now that all these new, sleek players are out, i feel kinda left behind. its still beautiful, i mean, its just, nothing exciting is happening with it.
I want something new.
maybe its cuz i keep it in an ugly silicone case, adding to the bulk?

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 22
Some people collect headphones, some people collect DAPs. Get a new DAP!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 22
I know exactly what you mean..I'm considering selling mine (Dark Blue, 5GB) to a friend, if not on here (if I decide to, in the end). MY issue is more so because when I bought my Micro, my music library barely peaked 4 GBs. Nowadays, I'm trudging along at 7.21, and clearly need more space. My eye is on the Zen Sleek, simply becuase I love the micro's layout (contrary to what many say) and find it to be second nature as far as operating it, and it's 20GB. Perfect.

Sep 10, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 22
First off let me say I still love my micro.. Love it.

My only problem is I thought 5 gigs would be enough space for my needs, but now I'm getting to the point where I'd prefer to have a larger hard drive. I just find it too much of a pain to decide what music to keep on my player, and don't want to keep changing the music. I'm too lazy for that.

My next player will be a full sized one... but nothing is as beautiful as my little zen, there's nothing out yet that just screams buy me.

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #8 of 22
no, i'm still madly in love with my Micro. there are times where the touch pad can get annoying, and in hindsight maybe i should have gone with a player that has actual buttons. but it really hasnt been that big of a deal, i dont regret my purchase one bit. well, maybe a little... a few weeks after i bought it, it got it's first price break, down to $200. that's fine with me though, 'cuz in about a year and a half, i get to trade it in for a $250 value anyway

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pants
the touch pad can get annoying, and in hindsight maybe i should have gone with a player that has actual buttons.

I'm the complete opposite, I LOVE the touch controls, and I don't know if I could get used to actual buttons, or hte little joysticks... that's one big reason no other player has jumped out at me... oh well, someday..

Sep 10, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
How's that?

i bought it at Best Buy for $250. for an extra like... $40, i get a 2 year warranty plan. that basically allows me to, in 2 years, bring it in and say there's something wrong with it (they wont even check, they say themselves that you really dont even need a reason) and they will give you the price you payed for the product in store credit. so i bought this past february, and in a year and a half it will be 2 years, and i get to go return it for the full $250 to put towards whatever i want (which will be another MP3 player). it's the sweetest deal i've ever run into, i absolutely love it

as far as the tough controls, for me it's just annoying to have to put it on lock everytime i want to put it in my pocket, or if a finger accidentally brushes up against the pad it changes the song. minor things as i'm not very active when i'm listening to music, but it's still a minor annoyance

Sep 10, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #12 of 22
i'm still rockin out with my zen micro. like most of you guys though, i'm also over the 5gb limit in my music, i have about 9gb. also, something that seriously depresseses me is that my pda (axim x50v) has better sq than my zen micro. i use my zm now when i go on trips and want to bring a lot of music, otherwise i use my pda with a few hundred songs.

i don't really miss any features on my zm. i bought it to use as an mp3 player. that means i don't need any games on it, or a color screen. it would be nice if it could play other formats (ogg vorbis, flac, etc) and if it had better battery life, but really, it's not too big of a deal for me.

Sep 10, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Shouldn't the songs you have on a DAP have more bearing on said question?

I don't know whether people who say things like this are being sincere or "preaching water when they drink wine". That music changes is to me at least, a given.

Of course you get bored of older hardware when new sexier models come out. But I think the Zen Micro apart from the build quality and the all-touch controls has the least things wrong with it out of the non-iPod mini players, unlike the iRiver H10 for example <shudder>

Sep 10, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
First off let me say I still love my micro.. Love it.

My only problem is I thought 5 gigs would be enough space for my needs, but now I'm getting to the point where I'd prefer to have a larger hard drive. I just find it too much of a pain to decide what music to keep on my player, and don't want to keep changing the music. I'm too lazy for that.

My next player will be a full sized one... but nothing is as beautiful as my little zen, there's nothing out yet that just screams buy me.

how about waiting for the Zen Micro Photo? It's the same size/weight/look as the Micro but with a colour OLED screen and 8GB of storage!

Ot wait for the Zen Sleek to be released in the US..It's exactly the same software/interface as the Micro but in a bigger package with a 20GB HDD. I've got one, very VERY nice, though it does look a bit too much like an ipod, and its quite a bit heavier/bulkier than my girlfriend's Micro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back