Anyone else getting a new Shuffle?
Oct 2, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #31 of 37
russdog says:
Quote:

Doesn't it drive you nuts that you can't see what's on it, or scroll to some song you like?

Not even a little. I seldom use my screen.

I have about around 5,000 song that I have rated four or five stars. I will load and play them in random order. If I don't like the song, fast forward to the next. I only need the screen once in a while to go into Genre.

The other time I us my iPod would be to listen to an album from cover to cover. I get a great deal of joy in loading and listen to an album I have not heard in some time.

In both cases, I seldom use the screen. I never search to find one song to play - Too much work!

I can see myself loading a couple of albums or about 100 of my favorite songs and just listening. I should note that I also expect to use the Shuffle to download Podcasts.

Does anyone else listen to Podcasts?

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #32 of 37
I had a 512mb shuffle, well I still have but just as the new model was announced it started dropping out on the left channel{think it was communicating with apple}.
Sometimes i'd have as few as 10 tracks on it, standby medicine for when I need it, but even when it was full it rarely bothered me screenless, and for its size the sq was fine. I'm gonna replace it with the new one, but having more than 1G without a screen is silly(ish)

Oct 2, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #33 of 37
the new shuffle is very very tempting. perfect for the gym. i have no other use besides that though....

Oct 3, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by russdog
I'm curious about something: Doesn't it drive you nuts that you can't see what's on it, or scroll to some song you like?

not for the shuffle. and all the music on it is something song i like. the shuffle is just going to be a load and run type of player.

on a larger storage model, i would need a screen. but, i'm ok w/ my current ipod until the next.. really newer gen comes out.

--
to be honest, the biggest feature for me was the shuffle's clip. all the other really small models, i still need to throw into a pocket or something.

Oct 4, 2006 at 3:21 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737
I'm trying to justify the purchase of a shuffle. I already have 1G 4gb Nano and I'm about to pick up an 80gb 5.5G iPod, because of the video function and to hold my ever increasing music collection...I want the shuffle for working out with though...but I have the nano for that...

I could always keep the nano for everyday use, use the 80GB for travel and the shuffle for working out! I don't know if that's over kill though....

Overkill doesn't exist in these forums...

Oct 4, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #37 of 37
They removed the usb connector!!! Stupid or what, i dont want to have to carry a dock around with me , its just another thing to lose. I think the original is a better design because of this.

Sonys E series or a samsung may be next for me because of this mistake.(and it has a screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back