Anyone else get a 701 rash around the ear?
Jan 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kodhifi

500+ Head-Fier
I've been wearing the heck out of my Q701's the last weekend and it had been making me itchy where it touched but I thought it was the fabric earpads getting caught in my hair and pushing them against the grain. This morning my wife remarks that I have a rash on my head and it looks like it's where the fabric was touching around my ear. It's a little red with some barely visible bumps.

Am I going crazy or are the 701's earpads giving me a rash? Has anyone else experienced this?

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Time to wash the earpads...or yourself....

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Clean the earpads, and maintain them by lightly brushing out the insides of the cups, clearing out all debris.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 6
Maybe you are allergic to the cleaning material used by the factory to clean the headphones before it was boxed up. Leave the headphones out in the open for a few days before trying it again.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Maybe you are allergic to the cleaning material used by the factory to clean the headphones before it was boxed up. Leave the headphones out in the open for a few days before trying it again.

This is probably the case. Either you are allergic to something on the ear pads or you are allergic to materials in the ear pads themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back