Anyone else amazed by how well the hd600 scale?
Feb 27, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you seem to not realise that it is beyerdynamic not Beyerdynamic
tongue.gif

LOL

I'm already aware of this, but I'm to lazy to add the [))))] so i just capitalize the letter 'b' to give it the authority it needs + have my point across
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #17 of 28
They are not a flash in the pan type headphone.. As Erik once said, to paraphrase, some of the best gear isn't remarkable sounding.. Meaning no temporary wow factor that gets boring after a while.. They just stay true to the music, doing everything equally well without 'showing off', or being a one trick pony. Headphones that are genuine and real will always remain in the heart and collection of most audiophiles, regardless of what headphone they have.

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Enjoy the flaming you just asked for guys.
tongue.gif
Also David, for a beyer fan, you seem to not realise that it is beyerdynamic not Beyerdynamic
tongue.gif

People can flame me all they want, it is just proof they have a bias ear. The HD 485 sound the same as the HD 595 without the wider soundstage and the 595 isnt that far off from the HD 600. The HD 485 are like 60-70$, the HD 600 is 3-4x as expensive...People also still say the D1k are the best closed back for around 100$ when in fact its the Shure 750DJ. So, I'll just continue to snicker like this

biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #19 of 28
Oh well to each their own I guess. Buy what you think is best and get on to listening to music instead of downgrading other people's choices. I am happy with the HD 600/650 and that is all that matters to me.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People can flame me all they want, it is just proof they have a bias ear. The HD 485 sound the same as the HD 595 without the wider soundstage and the 595 isnt that far off from the HD 600. The HD 485 are like 60-70$, the HD 600 is 3-4x as expensive...People also still say the D1k are the best closed back for around 100$ when in fact its the Shure 750DJ. So, I'll just continue to snicker like this

biggrin.gif

That isn't what you typed. Saying the HD485 as the best Senn for the price is not the same as saying it is better in general than everything else. You have it as an equal to the 595 but have said the 600 is better by a small margin. Thus, it cannot be better in general than everything else as per your own posts.

Context is everything mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL

I'm already aware of this, but I'm to lazy to add the [))))] so i just capitalize the letter 'b' to give it the authority it needs + have my point across
beerchug.gif

I was being an idiot you know.
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #21 of 28
You guys are hilarious. Btw, how does the beyerdynamic)))) DT 880 (250 ohms, 2005 Ed) compare to Sennheiser 600? I get the impression both scale well with source/amp upgrades.

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

what amazes me is that Beyerdynamic stomps on any Sennheiser product.
smily_headphones1.gif

ehem ehem dt990 vs 600/650??? whut? bwaaahahahaha. Nevermind

popcorn.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

That isn't what you typed. Saying the HD485 as the best Senn for the price is not the same as saying it is better in general than everything else. You have it as an equal to the 595 but have said the 600 is better by a small margin. Thus, it cannot be better in general than everything else as per your own posts.

Context is everything mate.

It is in context because of my first post about the subject.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 28
No, you said the HD485 is better in general than everything else. You then go on to say the HD600 > HD595 = HD485. How is it better in general than everything else? If it were indeed better in general than everything else, why have you got the HD600 ahead?

tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #25 of 28
HD600 is one of the few dynamics that I like. A lot of its so called scaling is simply the difference between a proper signal path and an inferior one; the HD600 like any transparent transducer will tell you exactly what's wrong in your signal path if you know how to listen, and it will show you differences between components when there are any to be heard. It's not the last word in speed, detail, or soundstage but it does more things right than it does wrong, and it's one of the few headphones that actually gets instrument tone right. It's amazing how, even among so many expensive high-end pretenders, very few headphones actually manage to make instruments sound like real instruments.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

how's the bass on the hd600's ?

As much as I love my 600's I recently decided that I needed something a little more 'exciting,' so I bought some Denon d7000's. After a little trial and error I finally found some tubes for my amp that paired beautifully with them. (TS 2c51 and WE 6bl7). After a solid week of not listening to my hd600's I decided to give them a listen. I kept those same tubes in and listened to some ZZ Top. I was absolutely amazed. The bass was thumping and slamming. They still aren't as 'exciting' as the Denon's, but I'm not sure (yet) whether the Denon's are the right headphones for me after all.

So, the long answer (at least for me) is that with the right amp the bass on the hd600's is fantastic. (After so many years of owning the hd600's that was completely unexpected.)

Now I find myself wondering if there is a headphone that is a little more exciting than the hd600's, but more balanced than the d7000. I'm afraid it might be the T1.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #27 of 28
I've owned both the 600 & the 650 and I currently own the 650s. I prefer the 650 to the 600 however, it's just a matter of personal preference. I REALLY like the 600s, they're an excellent headphone and I've considered buying them again.

They do scale very well! I recently went balanced with my 650s. I bought a Little Dot DAC_1 and Little Dot MK VII and it takes the 650s to another level.

The 650s sound amazing as do the 600s (I heard Ray Samuels' balanced 600s). The sound is so much fuller, wider sound stage, better bass and the highs are clearer and more sparkly.

The 600s & 650s are amazing headphones and scale so well!

Eagle Eye, you'll love your 650s balanced, hope your gear arrives soon!

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #28 of 28
ray samuals hd600's were my favorite headphone i heard at a meet even over the HD800, and stax,HE, i bought these dt880' instead tho, I guess i was afraid the HD600 wasn't going to sound as good unbalanced & without his amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back