anyone disappointed with ATH-A900LTD ???
Mar 16, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
I respect your openion. But I am affraid with the sony's. Maybe I am wrong because people like it's higher end cans. especially CD3K. But it's closed and I want open.

that's quite alright. i was just voicing my opinion but i want to say that i still really like the a900ltd. they're a fun set of cans and still quite capable. hopefully you will enjoy them as much as some of us on this board have. as others have mentioned it already but as an alternative, i also think the grado hf1 would be a good second set of cans to get. you're lucky that ttvj is offering them again and at $200!
basshead.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #33 of 44
wait your wanting an open can like the a900ltd? have you looked at the ad1000? I just got my a900ltd from thesloth and still listening. I got them the around the same time as my ad2000 so my time is split between them.

Mar 18, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolshot
wait your wanting an open can like the a900ltd? have you looked at the ad1000? I just got my a900ltd from thesloth and still listening. I got them the around the same time as my ad2000 so my time is split between them.

You also have both. A500 and A900LTD. But how would you rate AD2000 over both closed cans ?

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

I just want to know any phone in $350 range having better balanced sound and comfort then ATH-900LTD.

mine ltd's are expected tomorrow and my another phone would based on your recommendations.

The longer I own my ATH-900LTD's, the more I think that they actually are/were overpriced. They are good closed headphones, but for that price I think you can get better 'phones, particularly open types like the AKGK701's.

The truth is that when I go to listen to music these days, my first impulse is to bring out my UE Super fi 5 Pros, not my ATH-900LTD's. There's a slight harshness in the AT's sound signature that for me has never really "burned in."

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGreenberg
The longer I own my ATH-900LTD's, the more I think that they actually are/were overpriced. They are good closed headphones, but for that price I think you can get better 'phones, particularly open types like the AKGK701's.

The truth is that when I go to listen to music these days, my first impulse is to bring out my UE Super fi 5 Pros, not my ATH-900LTD's. There's a slight harshness in the AT's sound signature that for me has never really "burned in."

slwiser said that It needs approx. 200 hrs burn-in to setlled down.

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGreenberg

Could it be your amp? Mine sound great out of my receiver's headphone jack, but when I had to run them straight out of the soundcard, the sound was much less pleasant--harshness and screechiness was very prominent. (Or so I thought... could not ABX)

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman4891
Could it be your amp? Mine sound great out of my receiver's headphone jack, but when I had to run them straight out of the soundcard, the sound was much less pleasant--harshness and screechiness was very prominent. (Or so I thought... could not ABX)

Thats what I am searching for.
icon10.gif
I need an amp. OR sound card which is best for my A900LTD's.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #39 of 44
How much you want to pay for an amp? You can get a Xin with its tube like op-amp for about $199 that is small and will sound very good. The Portaphile is another very good low cost amp. The guy building the portaphile is proving a challenge so that you can hear his amp in your home all you have to do is sign up.

http://ipastudio.com/forums/showthre...ght=portaphile

Or check out this thread here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=a900ltds

And then again you can go for a lot more money.

Quote:

Thats what I am searching for.
icon10.gif
I need an amp. OR sound card which is best for my A900LTD's.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #40 of 44
The 900LTD is hardly the undisputed champion of <400 closed headphones. THe AKG K271 is better for some uses, as is the HD280pro. They all have different strengths and weaknesses, but to me, they all have at least one glaring weakness. How that will effect you depends on your choice of music and system synergy.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by RP2X
Is it true open cans like the HD595s and above would still have a more natural/better sound then the A900LTDs which are closed ?

It depends on your taste. While it's not totally undisputed that even HD650 sounds better then A900LTD. Some people like it's sound over HD650's and 595's.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #44 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
How much you want to pay for an amp? You can get a Xin with its tube like op-amp for about $199 that is small and will sound very good. The Portaphile is another very good low cost amp. The guy building the portaphile is proving a challenge so that you can hear his amp in your home all you have to do is sign up.

http://ipastudio.com/forums/showthre...ght=portaphile

Or check out this thread here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=a900ltds

And then again you can go for a lot more money.

Yes sir, I can spend $199 for an amp. But will it be sufficient for me ??? Will it clear the source output ? OR I need to change sound card also ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back