anyone disappointed with ATH-A900LTD ???
Mar 16, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
It is inferior to open phones. Open headphones compared to closed headphones, there's just no question (if they're in the same price range). Natural sound is MUCH easier to get out of an open headphone.

Agreed
smily_headphones1.gif
And you caught me wrong dear. See my another posts. I just wanted to buy an open phone for day listening. But it must have better sounding then A900LTD. That's it.

Regarding that I am justifying. I don't think. because I already have A500 to justify my investment. A900 can be assumed between them. I bought A500 just to compare A900LTD
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
Agreed
smily_headphones1.gif
And you caught me wrong dear. See my another posts. I just wanted to buy an open phone for day listening. But it must have better sounding then A900LTD. That's it.

Regarding that I am justifying. I don't think. because I already have A500 to justify my investment. A900 can be assumed between them. I bought A500 just to compare A900LTD
biggrin.gif

Sorry if I caught you wrong. Generally, when someone has already ordered a headphone (and spent a larger sum of money on it) and they put up a thread asking (rather last minute) if anyone disliked the headphone, it comes across as the poster having "buyer's remorse" and having second thoughts about their purchase before they've heard it.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Yeah, Thanks, But what about the people who don't like HD650 and K701 over DT880 and some others ?And what about the people who likes A900LTD over the same phones ? Are there any undisputed best phone in $350 range???

Undisputed best is rather a subjective term varying from person to person. What you need to do is determine what sounds best to you in that price range and not let opinions make that determination for you. Use the opinions of others as guide to help you decide and not as something to make the decision for you. I may have a certain undisputed best headphone in the $350 range but that opinion may not be agreed upon by other as they have different listening needs and tastes.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #20 of 44
in that price range, i'm leaning more towards the cd3000. while i enjoy listening to the a900ltd, i think the cd3k is a more capable set of headphones. better bass, all around smoother and more comfortable. please note that this is based on short comparison and i haven't had a chance to do a more comprehensive comparison. the problem i see with the cd3k is being able to find a pair.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Undispute best is rather a subjective term varying from person to person. What you need to do is determine what sounds best to you in that price range and not let opinions make that determination for you. Use the opinions of others as guide to help you decide and not a someithing to make the decision for you. I may have a certain undisputed best headphone in the $350range but that opinion may not be agreed upon by other as they have different listening needs and tastes.

As you like the A900LTD and also A900s then you might feel my taste that I also liked A500 sound. You can recommend your choice over them. Someone recommended HD595 or 600 or 650. But I want to know some options here. My mission by starting this thread was to catch the people who heard A900LTD and recommend me better open phone over them.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
in that price range, i'm leaning more towards the cd3000. while i enjoy listening to the a900ltd, i think the cd3k is a more capable set of headphones. better bass, all around smoother and more comfortable. please note that this is based on short comparison and i haven't had a chance to do a more comprehensive comparison. the problem i see with the cd3k is being able to find a pair.

I respect your openion. But I am affraid with the sony's. Maybe I am wrong because people like it's higher end cans. especially CD3K. But it's closed and I want open.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

As you like the A900LTD and also A900s then you might feel my taste that I also liked A500 sound. You can recommend your choice over them. Someone recommended HD595 or 600 or 650. But I want to know some options here. My mission by starting this thread was to catch the people who heard A900LTD and recommend me better open phone over them.

I haven't had the opportunity to listen extensively on the Senn models listed above but from all the previous impressions I've read it seems they have a warmer and fuller sound than the A900LTDs. The CD3Ks are an excellent closed set of cans and IMO a step above the A900LTDs. They have a larger soundstage and are a bit more detailed. The CD3Ks are also brighter sounding than the A900LTDs and may cause more listening fatigue for some.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

I haven't had the opportunity to listen extensively on the Senn models listed above but from all the previous impressions I've read it seems they have a warmer and fuller sound than the A900LTDs.

then please let me know anything better you tried over A900LTD.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

then please let me know anything better you tried over A900LTD.

In terms of open cans in my experience so far it would be the HF-1s. They have good soundstage, they sound airy and more natural than the A900LTDs, and they have a good amount of bass with excellent extension. They are also warmer sounding so there's less listening fatigue to your ears. Only problem is that they all have been sold out and you have to be pretty quick to get you hands on one when on comes up in the FS forum.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

In terms of open cans in my experience so far it would be the HF-1s. They have good soundstage, they sound airy and more natural than the A900LTDs, and they have a good amount of bass with excellent extension. They are also warmer sounding so there's less listening fatigue to your ears. Only problem is that they all have been sold out and you have to be pretty quick to get you hands on one when on comes up in the FS forum.

Thats great. I'll keep watching for one anyway. Why these all good sounding phones are difficult to grab ???

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Thats great. I'll keep watching for one anyway. Why these all good sounding phones are difficult to grab ???

Do a search on HF-1 as there has been a lot said here about them. In short they were an exclusive set of cans (limited edition) made by Grado for Head-Fi members.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Do a search on HF-1 as there has been a lot said here about them. In short they were an exclusive set of cans (limited edition) made by Grado for Head-Fi members.

Hmmm... It must be better. Because Grado knows
evil_smiley.gif
who's buying this time.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

I just want to know any phone in $350 range having better balanced sound and comfort then ATH-900LTD.

There are many many <$350 phones that are better balanced than the LTD. Heck, IMO the ksc75 is better balanced. The main reason I didn't like my pair of LTDs was the recessed mids - I would be very hard pressed to call this a headphone with balanced sound.

Now, if you're asking about the best balanced CLOSED headphone for under $350, then maybe the LTD is the best.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #30 of 44
Actually - there are a few more HF-1s that are going on sale Monday! See the thread over in the TTVJ forum
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd buy a pair in a hearbeat if I hadn't just picked up my new cans (325i), plus the pricing is such that you can resell here on the forum for a nice profit if you don't like them - and folks, please don't flame me for this, it's just the reality. Don't eBay them though, please! Keep it in the family
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you can't get those you might want to consider 325i - I preferred it to the upgraded (woodied) HF-1s I listened to. The Grados are very fun and sound superb, whether their sonic signature would be to your liking I don't know as I haven't gotten to hear any AT cans except the W5000 and 2002 neither of which I cared for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back