Anyone building Palladium interconnects?
Jun 19, 2008 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

smartins

100+ Head-Fier
I've had a pair of 1m Palladium interconnects a while back that I really loved but sold to get a shorter length.

I'm now downsizing my rig and selling most of the interconnects simply because I don't use them, but I would love to add a palladium interconnect to my rig again.

So, is anyone building Palladium interconnects at a decent price? Most "professional" cable builders seem to charge an arm and leg for these interconnects now but when I bought mine they were selling for less than half the current price.

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you realy mean an interconnect with Pd as conductor[size=small]?[/size]
I dont see what would make it a good choice? In addition there seems to be a huge hype about Palladium as investment,so the price for Pd is climbing.

Of course if you feel its worth it to you why not - but i'd reconsider it..

Well i just read the binding energy of the electrons is lower in a CuPd alloy than in pure Cu but afaik that would only be interesting for chemical reactions, electrical conductivity of Pd is way lower than Cu. [size=xx-small]Maybe someone picked that up and misunderstood?[/size]

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by utilisateur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you realy mean an interconnect with Pd as conductor[size=small]?[/size]
I dont see what would make it a good choice? In addition there seems to be a huge hype about Palladium as investment,so the price for Pd is climbing.

Of course if you feel its worth it to you why not - but i'd reconsider it..

Well i just read the binding energy of the electrons is lower in a CuPd alloy than in pure Cu but afaik that would only be interesting for chemical reactions, electrical conductivity of Pd is way lower than Cu. [size=xx-small]Maybe someone picked that up and misunderstood?[/size]

I've had one made by Aural Thrills Audio a while back and, from all the interconnects I've tried so far (see my signature) was the one I liked most. I only sold it to get a smaller length but then took a break from buying new audio stuff until now
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know if their Palladium interconnect is pure Pd or an alloy but I did loved the sound, and based on the comments of others it seems that most people like the Pd sound.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Wow the Aural Thrills Audio website looks outdated, the idea behind the cable you had sounds nice , is it unshielded though?
Only ATA could tell you but i dont think pure Pd is used, its conductivity is lower than iron.. that doesn't go well with their aproach to this cables design imho..

I have yet to experience conductor material making a difference on its own and i dont think it could, but that just me, if you have experienced a difference and you're sure this is what you heard, why not..
Talking [size=xx-small](in my eyes)[/size] esoteric, i'd guess a silver conductor would give you a similar sound besides being a better conductor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back