Anyone aware of the "Koss TD/60"?
Feb 3, 2008 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

navmau

500+ Head-Fier
I found my really, really old pair of TD/60's last night. I plugged them in and listened for a while to a bit of trance and a bit of hip-hop. I found them to be a bit lacking in bass but was impressed with the soundstage and mids were very forward, not over the top, but very nice.

Has anyone ever owned the TD/60, what did you think of them and how do they compare to the current brands/models?

Feb 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Yea I had a pair actually. When comared to my old Sony V700Dj's they sounded more balanced, but a bit peaky in the treble.
The clamping force was pretty ridic and got uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so, the pleather ear pads looked like they'ed disintegrate after a year or so of usage, but other than that they were built like a tank.

Conclusion: Much better sound could be attained out of some KSC-75's.

Warning: These impressions are very old and formulated around crappy mp3 player sources with completely untrained ears.

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Cool, thanks!

Yeah, I agree with your comment about the peaky treble, they are not the best headphones I have heard but I also found them pretty balanced. I still prefer the sound of my future sonics IEMs much more.

I might give the KSC75s a go if they are better than the TD/60, I sorta like the good Koss phones sound sig (this doesn't include their el cheapo IEMs!)

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 7
I just checked the specs on these... 45-12,000hz, YUCK! I had a pair at some point. If I remember correctly they didn't get much use. They originally came with a pair of really bad earbuds too.

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #5 of 7
I have two pairs, bought for project use only. The TD60 has 32 ohm drivers, performence-wise is nowhere close to the 60 ohm's (KSC35/55/75 etc).

However these phones are easy to disassemble and sound fine after a driver transplant (do not put KSC75 drivers in them though, you won't get any bass). I once did a KSC55 driver transplant tuitorial, it might come up if you search the forum.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cam94z28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked the specs on these... 45-12,000hz, YUCK! I had a pair at some point. If I remember correctly they didn't get much use. They originally came with a pair of really bad earbuds too.

Seriously speaking...I listened to these before I found the specs on the net and they don't sound as bad as the specs suggest, they are quite balanced and yes there is roll-off at the top end but its really not that "YUCK!"

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 7
I found a pair of these washed up on a beach in Florida.

Perhaps surprisingly, they're functioning (after drying out). However, they smell reaaally bad and definitely need a lot of work to be presentable. (At the least, I'll need to get rid of all that seaweed!)

For people who have owned these, do you feel that it's even worth the effort to sanitize/recable/repad them? Or should I just throw them out?

I figured at least the housing might be useful. But what about the drivers? Seems like they're not -that- bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back