Anyone awake?
May 22, 2022 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

msing539

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been stuck in Orlando since Friday morning and it's starting to get to me. In 48 hours, I've spent 30 in MCO Airport, either on a plane or in the terminal, but never in the air.

It's a series of unfortunate events. And I'm starting to lose my mind.

May 22, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 25
I've been stuck in Orlando since Friday morning and it's starting to get to me. In 48 hours, I've spent 30 in MCO Airport, either on a plane or in the terminal, but never in the air.

It's a series of unfortunate events. And I'm starting to lose my mind.
Don’t know what to say, except I know you’ll make it!

These things in life are frustrating but not something that you can’t handle.

May 22, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 25
It's breaking me for sure! I feel like Tom Hanks in that movie with the airplane... Cast Away

I know you were expecting Terminal but I'm not firing on all cylinders at the moment.

May 22, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 25
Let me suggest a couple of songs while you wait:
Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane

Angus & Julia Stone - Take You Away

Safe travels!

Lol that is much appreciated!

May 22, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 25
Take a deep breath and somehow look for distractions. Because you may not be able to do anything to make the wait time shorter. So you just have to deal with it. Often in hindsight stuff makes way more sense. But when you’re directly in the center of it all, it seems confusing. One time I was with my Wife in Japan and it was a 19 hour layover. The airlines gave us a room but I was bored to tears.

My buddy was on the flight one day earlier. Both he and I had never been to Japan before. So later I found out what happened to him.

He had a layover too, the same flight but a day earlier. He and his girlfriend decided to take a train out of Osaka and tour, with the 19 hours they had to burn. The problem was once the train left the station it didn’t stop until it was at the other side of Japan. They had left their money in the hotel room and had no way to make it back in time to catch their flight.

It just happened to be that they found a taxi driver that would actually wait for them (back at the hotel) to go to their room and retrieve their money. They went to banks and the banking system is very different in Japan, even with ID and credit cards they could not get a dime from the Japan banks.

So they took the taxi even though it costed them a couple hundred dollars. They made it back in time to get their flight out of Japan.

Of course I was at the same airport with the same layover and looking at that same train a day later, never hearing of their experience.

My wife said no. We don’t know where that train goes and we may miss our flight in 19 hours. She is the smartest woman I ever met, and I got to marry her!

Last edited:
May 22, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 25
Take a deep breath and somehow look for distractions. Because you may not be able to do anything to make the wait time shorter. So you just have to deal with it. Often in hindsight stuff makes way more sense. But when you’re directly in the center of it all, it seems confusing. One time I was with my Wife in Japan and it was a 19 hour layover. The airlines gave us a room but I was bored to tears.

My buddy was on the flight one day earlier. Both he and I had never been to Japan before. So later I found out what happened to him.

He had a layover too, the same flight but a day earlier. He and his girlfriend decided to take a train out of Osaka and tour, with the 19 hours they had to burn. The problem was once the train left the station it didn’t stop until it was at the other side of Japan. They had left their money in the hotel room and had no way to make it back in time to catch their flight.

It just happened to be that they found a taxi driver that would actually wait for them (back at the hotel) to go to their room and retrieve their money. They went to banks and the banking system is very different in Japan, even with ID and credit cards they could not get a dime from the Japan banks.

So they took the taxi even though it costed them a couple hundred dollars. They made it back in time to get their flight out of Japan.

Of course I was at the same airport with the same layover and looking at that same train a day later, never hearing of their experience.

My wife said no. We don’t know where that train goes and we may miss our flight in 19 hours. She is the smartest woman I ever met, and I got to marry her!
19 hours is a long time for sure! In Orlando, everything closes at 11 PM, which I didn't actually know or plan for. Caught me by surprise and now I'm fighting hunger, thirst, and sleep.

Spoke with a friend and he asked if there were vending machines here. Ironically, there are... and they're stocked with HEADPHONES!!!? Eats by Dre.

May 22, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 25
19 hours is a long time for sure! In Orlando, everything closes at 11 PM, which I didn't actually know or plan for. Caught me by surprise and now I'm fighting hunger, thirst, and sleep.

Spoke with a friend and he asked if there were vending machines here. Ironically, there are... and they're stocked with HEADPHONES!!!? Eats by Dre.
It’s a bad situation however which way you look at it. Though countless times and the end of an ordeal I seemed to find the situation I was in was not as bad as the situation I could have been in. Like there is a cosmic force that allows the situation to be the best one I’m experiencing at any given time. This could very well be a fallacy, but these delusional ways keep us sane.

May 22, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 25
It’s a bad situation however which way you look at it. Though countless times and the end of an ordeal I seemed to find the situation I was in was not as bad as the situation I could have been in. Like there is a cosmic force that allows the situation to be the best one I’m experiencing at any given time. This could very well be a fallacy, but these delusional ways keep us sane.
I like your perspective. It's hard to feel it in the moment, but I'll try to be optimistic.

I realized the madness set in when I considered asking strangers if they wanted to road trip in a rental car with me from Orlando to NY.

May 22, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #10 of 25
:relaxed:

May 22, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #11 of 25
You ever look at the bottom where it reads, 10 members and 10 guests viewing, and wonder who those 10 guests are? Like are they real people or just little angels or something.

May 22, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #12 of 25
It’s not always accurate, but at times it does have the people viewing. I have seen people who I know go on a thread and read it then post a response. The unknowns are just that, they are not logged in.

May 22, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 25
It’s not always accurate, but at times it does have the people viewing. I have seen people who I know go on a thread and read it then post a response. The unknowns are just that, they are not logged in.
Those sneaky watchers. Having trouble falling asleep out in the open here. I honestly don't know how people do it--lay out on an airport bench or floor. The pandemic taught us nothing!

May 23, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #14 of 25
Hey dude! Did you make it home yet?

May 23, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #15 of 25
Hey dude! Did you make it home yet?
I did, thanks for checking on me. 48 hours is what it took--and I was awake for the last 30 hours straight. I know that sounds improbable but I'm not exaggerating! 10:30 am Saturday to 4:30 pm Sunday, I was just awake. At least I know I've still got it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back