Anyone a big fan of Tom Clancy novels?
Apr 3, 2006 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Gabe Logan

1000+ Head-Fier
Me i am adicted to Tom Clancy novels.It kind of started when i picked up the Rainbow 6 PC games and found out that there was a book about this game.Since the game rocked i bought it and was blown away how much i loved it because at the time i was not reading any books of any kind.

The next one i picked up was Red Rabbit followed by The Bear and the Dragon.The last one i finished reading was Executive Orders and am currently on Debt of Honor.I made the mistake of reading some of the nolels in the later part in Jack Ryans career instead of starting from the begining so sometimes i had no idea what they would be refering to when talking about Japan or Iran.

Anyways,wanting to know any other avid Clancy fans.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 20
Yup, I think I've read all the Jack Ryan books, and in order - I got hooked by Hunt for Red October. Never got into the Op-Centre books or his other spin-offs. Usually a very enjoyable read. Tight plots and really good story-telling.

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 20
I love Tom Clancy novels, my first one was the Hunt for Red October in the third grade and I've been stuck on them ever since. I am currently reading Red Storm Rising and am enjoying it immensely
biggrin.gif
. If you like military novels you should also look into the books written by Dale Brown, they are simply amazing. My favorites are Flight of the Old Dog and Shadows of Steel.

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 20
Opps i mean i'm currently reading Without Remorse.I'm about 1/10 of the way through and it is sadest story i have read so far.Can't remember any other times where i have read so little and have it pull me in like that.

Apr 3, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Opps i mean i'm currently reading Without Remorse.I'm about 1/10 of the way through and it is sadest story i have read so far.Can't remember any other times where i have read so little and have it pull me in like that.

It gets better.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Awesome book, it'll show you why Mr. Clark is such a badass.

Apr 3, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 20
Without Remorse was definitely my favorite Tom Clancy book. I do like his books, but I believe there is a little too much information and they drag a bit.

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 20
If you like Clancy, you will most likely enjoy reading Vince Flynn. He is a similar author, but rather than novels more about the cold war, he specializes in modern day terrorist novels, kind of like 24. I really enjoy his books. As for clancy, I haven't read him since high school, but thought he was alright...
Slade

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 20
I started reading Rainbow Six a while ago and never finished. Not that it was boring, but it was just looooooooooong, and I rarely have a spare moment to read anymore

May 13, 2006 at 10:34 AM Post #14 of 20
WARNING:Spoiler for those who have not read the book.

A little update.Right not i am a bit farther than 3/4 through the book,around where Kelly is trying to get to the LZ so he can get the hell out of vietnam after the failed rescue mission.And then what he did to those that killed Pam.I must say that this is probably the most enjoyable clancy book i have read yet.

May 13, 2006 at 11:09 AM Post #15 of 20
Matthew Reily is also a great author that writes similar stuff to Tom Clancy, some titles you might enjoy are Temple, Scarecrow, Ice Station, Area 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back