Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #107 of 511
fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This season of Breaking Bad is definitely one of the best seasons of TV of any show from the past decade or so. The writing, editing, cinematography, acting, sound... almost everything about the show this season is crazy good. And as of the last several episodes, they've certainly turned ending episodes into an art form.
Crazy good.

Well put, this has been real quality stuff. AMC has been on quite a run with their original programming. I was reading that their chief Ed Carroll grew up a hardcore tv fan and wanted to help produce shows he always wanted to see. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #108 of 511
Aww, the first word (last episode) that came to mind was noob! Maybe Gus didn't actually see him, but c'mon! All that hard work and Walt peeks over the top of a building in plain view with no cover? In his defense though, I suppose his time as a one man team was severely limited to set that all up. And I don't find it hard to believe that Gus acted that way. You would have to be greatly paranoid or experienced, but that comes as no surprise.

Is it just one more left this season now?

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #110 of 511

Quote:

I found myself hoping Gus would get in the car.  That he didn't struck me as wildly unbelievable.  I mean come on, what could possibly have happened to cause him to pause and look around like that?  There had better be a good explanation in the next episode, or something else to majorly distract me from this "twist," or I'll have to nudge this show down to a 9.5/10.

Not because I don't like the character or Esposito's performance (both are stellar), I just can't fathom how it would have gone down that way.  Seems cheap to me.  Anyone feel differently?

He was away from his car for a while. With his power I would think one of his bodyguards was watching his car while he was gone.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #111 of 511
Yeah, I thought that was what the guy who was riding shotgun was for.

Oct 9, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #113 of 511

Quote:
So the producers say. I will believe it at the end of next season!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/14/breaking-bad-final-season/

Well you can believe whatever you want but 16 final episodes is the end.
I just hope it's not split up as a 8 and 8 season since it's going to be all made at the same time.
At one time talks were about just 5-6 more episodes.

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #115 of 511
Just watched the first 1 minute of the Season Finale... kinda excited for this...

It's a 1 minute clip of Walt running to the car and retrieve the item he had placed on the Volvo. He goes into the Pediatric ICU and sits next to Jesse.

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #117 of 511
I'm a bit clueless as to where the show will go from here. Well, Pinkman is still naive - first about Jane and now about  the poisoning. And Hank is still naive about Walt. Plus the gun was emphasized. So maybe more of that will come into play next year. Other than that, I found it to be a fantastic season finale. I loved the chickenman's exit with the nice gruesome touch. This viewer will miss Gus however. He was such a grand foil. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #119 of 511
I want to know what happens when Mike wakes up now.

As far as I'm concerned, Walt dying at the hands of Jesse at the end of the series would be such a fitting end. He was indirectly responsible for Jesse's old girlfriend's death and now he's directly responsible for endangering the life of Jesse's new girlfriend's son. Those last two episodes showed that Walt will put anyone in harm's way to get what he wants. Walt is just off the hook at this point. Ego. Evil. Bad. Breaking Bad.

Count me along with those who will miss Gus. Such a great character. Awards have to be given to Giancarlo Esposito for portraying that.

This show is just unreal at how frightening, terrorizing and intense parts of it can be.

Oct 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #120 of 511
Vince Gilligan is breaking down the season episode by episode over at The AV Club for those who are interested. It's gonna be in four parts so only the first few eps are in that link, but the rest will be published over the course of the week.

Oh, and there's spoilers galore for the whole season in there so don't read it if you're behind on things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back