Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
Aug 24, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #48 of 511
balderon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would bet chicken man did not return the three Honduras workers back to their home country.

Heh, I thought the same thing. But you know what? Gus may not be as cautious as it was made out to be. Well first of all, he has done business with Walt and Jesse. I want to buy that part of the story but don't anymore, or that simply storytelling liberties have been taken. Because while Gus may be supposedly ultra-cautious, his decisions don't always point to that. 

Ultrainferno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the show but these long boring discussions between Walt and his wife are so getting on my nerves

Yep, I'm witcha there. I try to enjoy the acting, but those two have been rehashing the same issues for four seasons now.

BTW, where has Sal gone? Personally, I'm hoping for a Sal ep where he demonstrates some bad arse lawyering. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #49 of 511
Sal did demonstrate some bad arse lawyering, and Walt "rebel without a cause" (how apt was that?) dismissed it like his ill begotten funds.I almost borderline hate Walt now. It has taken almost four series, but really is there anything redeeming about the man, other than he is the protagonist? In every single situation, every single interaction, he can't resist the urge to measure his manhood. 

Hank's back kiddo's! I'm so glad. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #50 of 511
Gus is going down. Who will be the catalyst, Jesse, Hank, the cartel, or some new twist? Good incentive to watch the next season.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #52 of 511
They are no longer the bumbling high school teacher/student trying to make a dishonest buck. Things are going corporate and humor is less.

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #53 of 511

Quote:
Yeah Walt has become annoying and  pretentious arse. I like Jesse and to my surprise even Skyler more than him in this season.

I agree, except for the Skyler part, she still irritates me. My fav character at the moment is Saul, great acting.
But in general this show has become less interesting, let's hope Walt joins the cartel, that could turn things around.

I've been watching Spartacus blood and sand, and I'm loving it. And Sons of anarchy is back next week, can't wait

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #54 of 511
That was one awesome episode. Where do I even begin. First, the classic slow zoom on Gus in the elevator, was epic. I can't recall another time where he was truly caught off guard as in the prior meeting. Second, there was the Mike pull up on Hank and Walt; just the looks on Mike's face were priceless. That was all good stuff, along with the Gustavo back story. So him and bell man, have a more tangled history eh? I loved his one side conversations with Hector, while the later portruded and sweat. 

And of course, go Hank! I wonder whether he suspects Walt or not. Part of me, has the feeling he is the real puppet master whom is placing Walt and Gus into further conflict, much like Gus has done with Walt and Jesse. Yeah, that is probably a reach, but a man can hope can't he?

Who is really in control of your life Walter White?

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #55 of 511
Ole Gus was truely shocked when his partner got tapped in the head. Shocked me too. Walt tipping Gus off to the GPS may buy Walt some space but Mike will be even more suspicious. Jesse is growing up and taking on more opportunities. I thought it was great when he called out the therapy group as customers.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #56 of 511
Gus' "partner". Today it was brought to my attention that maybe Gus is gay. I never put two and two together but can see it. It might be even more fitting, since he already leads a double life career wise. 

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #57 of 511

Quote:
Gus' "partner". Today it was brought to my attention that maybe Gus is gay. I never put two and two together but can see it. It might be even more fitting, since he already leads a double life career wise. 

I can't see that anywhere...
But yay! Sons of anarchy is back :)

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #59 of 511
Nobody else caught the implication that Gus was somebody in the Pinochet government, my bet with the secret police. As in he was guilty of torture and other such crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back