Anybody try this Grado tweak?
Oct 14, 2007 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

raelamb

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.dark-audio.com/liberator/default.htm

Wanted to see if anyone had tried this. Just upgraded from SR325i's to RS-1's today and even with no burn-in I don't see how these could possibly be any more amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 10
Those only work on the SR series cans... the ones that you can split the earcup apart. So, no dice with the RS/PS cans.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 10
ah, a revolutionary device that introduces the tunnel effect to grados.

Oct 14, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

To which Grado headphones' models is it
applicable?

LIBERATOR Soundstage Improvers fit perfectly to all
popular Grado headphone models, i.e. SR60, SR80, SR125,
SR225, SR325, RS-1 and RS-2
. Its black color harmonizes
well with lower as well higher "Prestige" models.
Its black color matches all types of Grado headphones.
Liberator makes capsules that are ca. 1/2 in. (12mm)
longer. It gives headphones an even more serious and
sophisticated look!

It would be interesting to know how this affects the sound signature.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they were all the rage a few months back

i think they're unavailable atm because the company dark audio contracted to produce them stopped and they can't find anyone else to make them for them...

That's silly. It's just injection molded plastic. I can think of at least two injection molding companies in my home town alone that could make them.

The expensive part is making the mold. You can spend well over a thousand bucks on the mold, then each piece of plastic costs pennies at most.

If they somehow got into a deal with their manufacturer where the manufacturer owns the mold, and now isn't interested in using it, I could see how they could be stuck.

However, if they own the mold, there are THOUSANDS of companies that can manufacture them.

They probably just ran out and haven't cut a deal to get another batch made yet. Maybe they were disappointed with how fast they sold and they're trying to convince someone to do a short run of them for cheap.

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just use them to keep my ears from rubbing against the drivers.

I would certainly like them for the very same purpose. Sent an email asking whether or not they have them still. If someone has spares, I'm interested
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 10
I have a pair. I honestly think they give my Grados exactly what they are missing... soundstage! Not to mention a little boost in comfort when paired with flats.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back