Anybody tried out the PSP earbud ? is it any good?
Mar 20, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #16 of 29
actually, according to my own experience, the psp earbud is better than the adverage free earbuds
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by eTe
i prefer sennheiser px100 more than ksc75 with PSP...=) grados need amp

Uhh.. Grados don't really need an amp. At a mere 32ohm, they are very easy to drive from even the weakest of sources. Only the higher end ones do because some of them are too bright for their own good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzlyday
actually, according to my own experience, the psp earbud is better than the adverage free earbuds
very_evil_smiley.gif

So are the iBuds, but do you see any enthusiastic comments?

Mar 21, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

So are the iBuds, but do you see any enthusiastic comments?

I am doing the best i can already
smily_headphones1.gif
, because they are already broken a while ago, lol, the psp buds are easy to break--according to the cases of my friends and I
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 29
what are you talking about, the PSP earbuds are awesome!! You just gotta let them burn in.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
...or out

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 29
I use Shure E3c's with my PSP. I can actually hear movies and games riding on the subway. That is until I get tired of people watching what I am doing and put it away. I actually had an old lady cheering for me during a Tiger Woods game on the subway once. Pretty weird.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner
I actually had an old lady cheering for me during a Tiger Woods game on the subway once.

My day is 17% better having heard that!

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #23 of 29
Its kinda unique in the sense that it can make u feel u want to puke.

Seriosuly, its pretty poor at best, on par with those ipod earbuds. But then again the PSP itself doesnt have great sound quality either. I simple use my super.fi 5 pros I use with my ipod, but yeah the sound from the device itself isnt good enough for a headphone as good as the 5 pros.

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #24 of 29
They fit well, but they sound horrible. MX-500s are a major upgrade from the PSP earuds.

Edit: Like DRSpeed85 said, the PSP itself isn't a very good source at all. The sound quality is comparable to my old $20 Audiophase PCDP, but without all the static. My comparisons were done with the same music file on an uncompressed audio CD and a lossless WAV file on my PSP.

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
what are you talking about, the PSP earbuds are awesome!! You just gotta let them burn in.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
...or out

They do sound better when they're on fire and not plugged into anything. VERY realistic crackling noises, IMO.

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
They do sound better when they're on fire and not plugged into anything. VERY realistic crackling noises, IMO.

I find that they're very source dependant here. If you have a lousy ignition source they'll just kind of smolder.

Some good kindling as an amp really brings them to life though.

Mar 21, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
I find that they're very source dependant here. If you have a lousy ignition source they'll just kind of smolder.

Some good kindling as an amp really brings them to life though.

Totally, you're right. For that real "cheap part crackle" I think that the Boostaroo is the best amp to burn with the PSP earbuds.

Mar 21, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Totally, you're right. For that real "cheap part crackle" I think that the Boostaroo is the best amp to burn with the PSP earbuds.

I was planning on buying one of those Boostaroos..

Mar 21, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder
I was planning on buying one of those Boostaroos..

Are you being serious, or sarcastic? It's really tough to tell on the internet sometimes. If you were seriously planning on buying one, please plan otherwise. Do a quick search in the amps forum, I think there's an entire thread about how terrible they are. Cheap components, terrible quality, and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back