Anybody got info on HD-495?
Apr 3, 2003 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snurflax

New Head-Fier
I never ever hear about this particular model and I was just wondering if they are better than the HD-497's. I don't care about the price. I know that the 497 gets most of its publicity because of its price and quality, but if you were to pick between the two, which would you say is better all around?

I am being hopeful that SOMEONE has listened to the HD-495's and could give me some input on them. It's just that I have never heard about them.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

Apr 3, 2003 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 5
heh, I own them, and they are great phones....They are older than the 497's (which I beleive were meant to replace the 495) If you can find them cheap, I highly reccomend them. Feel free to ask any more questions.
CR

Apr 3, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, I want to know if the 495's are better than the 497's for heavy metal and techno. What I really want are some sturdy open-air headphones to bring along in school (hazard-prone environments). I actually own a pair of 497's, but after I got some new 280's, I want to upgrade my open phones slightly until I get some 580's.

I just want more bass and a more sturdy build than the 497's without going above $100.

Again, thank you for any info/opinions.

Apr 3, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Okay, I used to own a pair of the HD 495. Though it isn't as honky as the HD 497, it (the 495) is much less efficient than the 497. You'll need a very beefy - and expensive - headphone amp in order to produce adequately loud sound from the HD 495. Even my receiver's headphone jack is woefully inadequate for the HD 495: With many CDs, the jack's output began to clip badly at volume levels well below what I'd consider "comfortably high".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back