Anybody figured out the new site yet?
May 3, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #391 of 509
May 3, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #392 of 509
Subscribed threads and forums are both separate. You can access the threads via the shortcut in the top right. To access subscribed forums: click on your avatar to access your profile and then click the larger icon (left) to get access to your account settings. Alternatively, you can access your account settings via the Quick Navigation Menu (small horizontal lines next to "Home" above). From there you can click the link that takes you to the watched forums.

Or you could make a bookmark here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/watched/forums Note - the only difference between the URL for threads and forums is the last word in that string.

@AxelCloris I don't see how to add headgear. Is that something a mod has to do now? At any rate.. can you or anyone else please add the Wells Audio Milo headphone amplifier to the desktop amplifier section so I can post a review?

That would be very awesome and much appreciated, trust me. I put a lot of effort in writing the review and just want to be able to post it now, but the Milo isn't added on the site and when I added it there was a bug where the user who added the item can't review it.

We're working on a couple of things in the Head Gear section at the moment. As soon as we're able, we'll re-enable the button to add new entries. Apologies for the inconvenience while we're making our adjustments.

May 3, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #393 of 509
Three questions:
1. How do I search just a sub-forum or thread? I see the big search bar at the top but that searches everything. For example, I was trying to find the Sony NWZ-ZX1 thread but most of the results are for people selling their ZX1. And I can't find a way to search within a thread either. I would have searched for this and the answers to my other questions...but can't?
2. Is there a mobile version I can turn on? It's really annoying trying to navigate this site when everything renders like it does on desktop. And yes, I have "request desktop site" turned off on my phone.
3. Can the site be adjusted to render properly for different desktop monitors? I often view this site on a portrait monitor and the top right corner, where the user details are, is too far over. This also happens on my Surface, in landscape (widescreen) mode - i have to scroll over to see the top right corner.

May 3, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #394 of 509
Three questions:
1. How do I search just a sub-forum or thread? I see the big search bar at the top but that searches everything. For example, I was trying to find the Sony NWZ-ZX1 thread but most of the results are for people selling their ZX1. And I can't find a way to search within a thread either. I would have searched for this and the answers to my other questions...but can't?
2. Is there a mobile version I can turn on? It's really annoying trying to navigate this site when everything renders like it does on desktop. And yes, I have "request desktop site" turned off on my phone.
3. Can the site be adjusted to render properly for different desktop monitors? I often view this site on a portrait monitor and the top right corner, where the user details are, is too far over. This also happens on my Surface, in landscape (widescreen) mode - i have to scroll over to see the top right corner.

You can use the advanced search (https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/) to search a specific sub-forum to find a thread. At the moment we do not have searching within a thread active, but it's something we're working on implementing.

There is a mobile version of the site that you can access by clicking "Head-Fi.org Mobile Site" in the bottom right of any page. We're currently working on improving the mobile experience, so there might be some errors when using that version.

We're currently testing adjustments to the layout that should improve the user experience when using desktop view.

May 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #395 of 509
I used to use my email to see which of my subscribed threads had been updated with new comments. That functionality is now very spotty, and mostly my email doesn't update as it used to. I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 posts on my email per day from the Head-Fi link.

May 6, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #398 of 509
Yes whats up with the the Subscribed threads?
Again, in the upper right hand corner click on "Unread" and it will take you to your "Unread Subscribed Threads". By clicking on "All" in the upper right hand corner it will take you to "All" of your threads. Also, while you're in your "Unread Subscribed Threads" you can access "All" your threads which is located right below. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this has been mentioned numerous times, just try reading through the thread before repeating the same questions and you'll find the answers. :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #399 of 509
It also appears that when in "ALL" view (or maybe that's the "Unread" view) any unread or new post is indicated on the far left of each threads listing with a blue asterisk-like symbol in the little box.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #400 of 509
It also appears that when in "ALL" view (or maybe that's the "Unread" view) any unread or new post is indicated on the far left of each threads listing with a blue asterisk-like symbol in the little box.
When you click on "Unread" it takes you to your "Unread Subscribed Threads". Clicking on the blue dot () next to the left of the "Unread" thread takes you to the last "Unread" post in that thread.

May 6, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #401 of 509
That's what I meant, LOL, steep learning and remembering curve for my little grey cells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back