Anybody ever use their Headstage Arrow as a desktop amp?
Feb 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KimChee

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys I'd like a desktop amp that sounds like the Headstage Arrow.  This will be for my T20RP and occasionally my JH16 for my computer setup.  I got a Schiit Magni and it failed on me the first day I received it, so I sent it back.  While it was a very transparent amp, I would have liked a bit more low end.  I know the Arrow has a 12db boost on Bass II, which I like especially with the JH16s.  I have been looking into the O2 but I've read it's very similar to the Magni.  I'm also currently looking at Fiio E12, but need some advice, I love the Arrow sound, and am thinking about picking one up just for desktop duty.  The other one is stuck to my iphone...

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi KimChee
I have 2 arrow one is 3 G and one is 4 G
If you use mostly for Jh 16 pro , I think the Arrow 4 G is one of the best amp in this price $ 299 US
arrow 4 G has bass and treble and cross feed and gain setting , that you already love the bass setting for your Jh 16.
another amp that sound so neutral and natural , I will recommend you Tralucent T1 , but T1 don't 
has any setting , it's like pico slim has only on / off and volume controll.

i possible you can compare between these 2 amps 
Maybe you want try different than arrow 4 G but sound quality still very good to your Jh 16 pro 
if you like the sound quality from pico slim , you will like Tralucent T1 
for long listening is non fatigue 

these two amps have plus / minus similar sound zig 
High : very detail 
mid : very sweet and clear 
Bass : very good bass detail and impact 
separation : very good separation 
soundstage : almost same wide 
hiss : these two amps have almost no hiss , very good black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back