Anybody ever heard that Bose Triport CD Player?
Jul 8, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #16 of 30
if Bose asked you to listen to their headphones (any model) and this cd-player for $1,000,000,000* would you do it?

*rules include never being allowed to listen to any other headphones and cd-play for the rest of your life. only Bose.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #17 of 30
I've never heard any Triports phones and I've never heard any Bose CD player.
But I've heard my mate's Acoustimass 5.1 - and they are complete crape.
There you go.

Jul 8, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ e
There was a thread about it a few months ago:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=bose+pm1

That's my thread, and yeah, it pretty much sums up the opinions on the PM1.
BTW, iF U dno'T List3N 2 Bozz3 trIp0RTz, U wiLL nVr bCom3 A 1337 HaXXoR xTr33m! pWn L dA n00bZ! FRaG 2 teH mAx, bAyb33! (speaks in nerd lisp like on Family Guy)
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 8, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #19 of 30
I wish I'd get a euro everytime a new Bose Bash thread appears. Doesn't it get boring?

Jul 8, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
I wish I'd get a euro everytime a new Bose Bash thread appears. Doesn't it get boring?

It does unless you can be creative about it, that's what I find anyway.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 8, 2005 at 10:53 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
if Bose asked you to listen to their headphones (any model) and this cd-player for $1,000,000,000* would you do it?

*rules include never being allowed to listen to any other headphones and cd-play for the rest of your life. only Bose.

You know what's really bad? I wouldn't take this offer.

Jul 8, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duxxy
You know what's really bad? I wouldn't take this offer.

I would, given that with some of the money, I could spend it to officially change the name of "headphones" to "earphones" to make a loophole for myself. What headphones would then be is a mystery, perhaps hands-free headsets?
wink.gif

(oh, and not listening to CD players wouldn't be too much of a problem, just rip my music to a DAP or hard drive with lossless encoding of some kind, LOL)
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

I thought about it for .02 seconds, then decided no.

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Hell yeah I'd take it. Afterwards I'll use the money to buy out Bose and hire some real engineers (recruit some guys from Sennheiser, Shure, Grado, etc) to make better headphones/earphones. From there I'd move to make better speakers, but keep the basic outer design and price the same, so as to keep appealing to the masses while breaking into the audiophile market. Probably drop the whole portable cd player idea for a while until I blackmail... er, I mean hire some guys from Panasonic and Sony to come build one. :bosetriportsmile:

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

In a heartbeat. Then I'd build a house with several rooms with perfect acoustics and buy myself a couple of systems maybe one with the best tube gear, one with the best SS, one that goes the SET/Hi-efficiency route, maybe one with vintage gear, one with Audio Note Equipment, another for multichannel music, one for vinyl and a couple more. Basically I'd have myself a little audio orgy. Then I'd retire in luxury.

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Sure. I'd use the money to build me a top of the line speaker system.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Acquire Bose, nullify that agreement since you are now in control. Sell it again and get your money back, or take it public and see how many investors will fall for their marketing propaganda.
wink.gif

If that's too much work, just go speakers.

Jul 10, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #28 of 30
dIs tHeAd iS lIkE sO00 sTuPiD tHaT i LiKe tOtAlLy aGrEe wId yUo PpLzzz

that one line took me 2min to write! LOL

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
:bosetriportsmile:

the Bose triport smiley apart from the cool blue cups (or gray, but they'd be harder to recognize), should include either a hand holding an earpiece on that had broken off, or a bunch of ghetto looking black electrical tape, and maybe some zipties. Those along with Superglue kept my first pair and the replacement pair going for a long time
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
the Bose triport smiley apart from the cool blue cups (or gray, but they'd be harder to recognize), should include either a hand holding an earpiece on that had broken off, or a bunch of ghetto looking black electrical tape, and maybe some zipties. Those along with Superglue kept my first pair and the replacement pair going for a long time
rolleyes.gif

LOL, you're right on that one! Or instead of a smiley, make a frowney face with triports on
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
dIs tHeAd iS lIkE sO00 sTuPiD tHaT i LiKe tOtAlLy aGrEe wId yUo PpLzzz
that one line took me 2min to write! LOL

Copycat
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
it goes like this:
yO dAwG, U LiZZeN 2 dEm BoZZe SpEAkerZ YEt? DeY Iz dA BaWMb diGGitY, DaWg! GiGGity gIggiTY GigGiTy gIGGiTY, aAAaaAAaaLLLlLlLL riiiIIght!

If you go to any thread on a forum about white van speaker scams, there's always at least somebody, usually several people that post like that.
I find it too fun not to make fun of them, it's just necessary to lampoon idiots, ya know?
biggrin.gif

5000smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back