Anybody ever dealt with UPS damage claims?
Apr 30, 2002 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dcg

Became Capt. Napalm tocombat apartment robberies!
The morons damaged my Axiom VP150 center channel. There's a dent on one corner of the enclosure and 3 of the four places the grill connects to the speakers are broken, with little bits of plastic from the connectors floating around amidst the delicate tweeters! So, anyone know how long this process takes? Am I likely to ever get any money from UPS?

Apr 30, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 12
What is it with these shipping companies and returns?

NO shipping comany I have EVER dealt with was as bad as Fedex Ground (aka RPS). A speaker driver was damaged, the return was lost, the claim was denied, and both myself and the shipper were uncredited for weeks until he Let Them Have It.

(I guess it helps that he was the head of Yale's department of law)

Apr 30, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
NO shipping comany I have EVER dealt with was as bad as Fedex Ground (aka RPS)

Don't even get me STARTED about FedEx Ground. What an excuse for a reputable business. Worst delivery, worst service, and worst management of any delivery company I have ever used in my life. Avoid them at all costs if you value a) the product being shipped; and b) your time and energy.

May 1, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

Don't even get me STARTED about FedEx Ground. What an excuse for a reputable business. Worst delivery, worst service, and worst management of any delivery company I have ever used in my life. Avoid them at all costs if you value a) the product being shipped; and b) your time and energy.

Count me in. The worst shipper I've ever wasted time yelling at.

May 1, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 12
hmm, at the axiom website, they seem to have an unusual number of damaged speakers... I think many have complained about poor foam packaging (i bought mine in a local store, avoiding shipping problems(... Try talking to axiom first, they seem to have great customer service...

btw, what do you think of your m3's? have you decided to pick up the m22's as well?

May 1, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 12
here's another complaint about fedex ground --- most incompetent delivery service i've ever used.

i've never filed a claim with UPS before, but i have for both fedex ground and USPS. fedex ground was a bitch, and USPS was wonderful. i stick with either UPS ground or fedex express now for important packages.

May 1, 2002 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 12
Well, I talked to te seller last nightand he said he'd stop by UPS today and see what te deal is.

Luckily, I inspected and tested all of the speakers last night (got the whole surround setup - 4 M22tis and the VP150
smily_headphones1.gif
), and everything works fine, there's just the cosmetic damage to the VP150. Still, I'm pissed off.

I think we can all agree that FedEx ground is by far the ****tiest shipping company in the world. Just thinkin about them pisses me off, so I won't go into that whole story.

No one has had a claim with UPS, though?

May 1, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #9 of 12
Dara at Headroom sent me the Little amp for the loaner program, FedEx second day.

It took a week because the idiots in Memphis shipped it back to Montana. It is possible to be in the 48 contiguous and be further apart than Bozeman and St. Augustine, but you've got to try. I did get them though.

Sent back UPS Ground. They said 7 days and Dara E-mailed she had them in 7 days.

FedEx is screwed up.

May 1, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 12
I had a hand-built racing bicycle shipped by UPS Air Express once. Thank God I had it professionally packed by a pro shop, and had insured it for replacement cost, because the proverbial 600-pound gorilla decided to jump on it and bent the frame's top tube.

It took me about 6 months to get the whole mess straightened out, which involved UPS paying for the frame to be shipped to California for repair and repainting. It cost them almost $2000. The insurance coverage cost me about $7.50.

The standard UPS insurance coverage, with no added fee, is only for $100. In any case, I believe the claim has to be filed by the person who shipped the item, not the receiving party, even though UPS has to inspect the box and item at your end. Because you are the receiving party, you're not the one who can file the claim, because you did not contract with UPS.

Good luck -- most commercial dealers will simply send you another item instead of dealing with UPS.

May 2, 2002 at 3:34 AM Post #12 of 12
USPS was really easy to deal with -- I once sent a motherboard but it got damaged, and before I could get the replacement I needed to pay for repair... but USPS was nice enough to accept the repair receipt as evidence of shipping damage, and I got my money quite promptly.

Airborne Express was hell... I called and e-mailed and filled out form after form for about 6 months, I think... until they finally told me it was the shipper's fault for not packaging sufficiently. Finally the shipper took the package back but it was hell dealing with Airborne Express. Don't give them your stuff to ship!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back