Any Zune owners out there?
Nov 4, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #181 of 390
"inconvient"?
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #186 of 390
Nov 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #187 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iGo.com iGo powerXtender battery operated charger (2 cell)
iGo.com iGo power tip A112 for Zune

You're welcome...

Thanks again. I had seen this item in a local Radio Shack,but held off on getting it as they didn't have the tip for the Zune. In the meantime I'd forgotten all about it. I see you also amp your Zune, smart man. I amp my Zune w/ a Zen Head ZH1 & love it. About 5 months ago I got tired of having "LOD envy" & decided to try amping my Zune w/ a "starter" amp(a Total Airhead) to see how things would sound. It worked well enough that I stopped obsessing about LODs & moved up to a more refined amp. Now what I'd really like to do is to convert my HP out jack into a Line Out jack(which is how the original IMod worked, it also had a Wolfson Dac in it !) The problem is I don't know my way around a circuit. I am willing to pay for this mod if I could find someone to attempt it.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #188 of 390
Got my FiiO!!! Damn, the sound is fantastic with my Zune 120!!! So this is what it's like w/an amp. Corda 3Move, here I come!!!

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #189 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my FiiO!!! Damn, the sound is fantastic with my Zune 120!!! So this is what it's like w/an amp. Corda 3Move, here I come!!!

See, I told you, you could stop obsessing about the "LOD" to amp connection that a large group of posters seem to believe is the only way to get the full benefit of using an amp. Let me repeat this again Zunes,Sonys,Cowons etc. do not have have the same weaknesses that the IPods have. I see postings where someone will say they bought an IPod so that they could use an LOD to amp connection. While I'm not debating that this might not be a wonderful set-up that sounds great, other players also have the capacity to sound great amped regardless of whether a line-out connection was used. If the sound you are able to get from your headphone out is clean & detailed it will retain these strengths when amped. If you already have an Ipod then no doubt the LOD route is the way to go. But if you are thinking about getting another player but are hesitating because you can't use an LOD to amp connection, I think you're reasoning is being overinfluenced by this feature. Wait til you get your "real" amp. If I had heard my Zune w/ my Zen Head before I got my Sony A829 I probably wouldn't have gotten the 829. I hadn't listened to the 829 for awhile ,but I decided to give it a listen amped yesterday. It sounded pretty nice , but I think the Zune sounds better.

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #190 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what headphones do you like more with the FiiO and your Zune ?

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #191 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what headphones do you like more with the FiiO and your Zune ?

I use my Panasonic HTX7's the most now. The sound is great, and the bass is good, but not too overwhelming. I still use my HD212's w/my Zune, but without the FiiO, the bass is a bit too overpowering. The FiiO is a cheap, but great sounding little amp. Next stop in 09 - the Corda 3Move!!!
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #192 of 390
I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the Zune 120 or the new iPod Touch 2G.

How is the Zune 120's screen? I have heard about the "screen door effect. This is where you can see small black lines in between each pixel because of the resolution to screen size ratio. Is this true? The only store around here that sells the Zune is Walmart and they don't have a working display model.
frown.gif

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #193 of 390
Well i have the zune 80 and haven't seen the screen door thing...

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #194 of 390
I have a Zune 80 hooked up to an iqube and it sounds quite good. I just don't feel that the iqube does very much for my Shure SE530 IEMs. I can't really tell much difference between headphone out and the iqube. Would I be better off with an RSA amplifier to give the music more of a punch?

Also, what volume do you play the music from the Zune? Should i max it at 20 or play back at 10-15 volume?

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #195 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by FordGT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the Zune 120 or the new iPod Touch 2G.

How is the Zune 120's screen? I have heard about the "screen door effect. This is where you can see small black lines in between each pixel because of the resolution to screen size ratio. Is this true? The only store around here that sells the Zune is Walmart and they don't have a working display model.
frown.gif

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i have the zune 80 and haven't seen the screen door thing...

I haven't seen this either, the screen looks just fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back