Any Zune owners out there?
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #91 of 390
jumped in the zune band wagon several months ago...actually my first ever dap. the decision was a gamble on my part knowing that line out is activated via firmware. but still hoping that one day a hack will be available for this. pretty much satisfied with it.

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #92 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very fond of my Black/Blue Zune 30, it sounds great with my amp from the headphone out.. the day MS released 2.0 firmware with lossless support I was ecstatic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Really? Does it support .flac by any chance? or do I have to convert my entire library to wma lossless?

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #96 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by uhcmos1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put an EQ in the 80 for chrisakes!!!

***sniffle***

You mean I'm not alone???

***sniffle***

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #98 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by uhcmos1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put an EQ in the 80 for chrisakes!!!

Whatcha need an EQ for, distorting the artist intended sound?

Incoming thread derail
redface.gif

I'm loving my zune, been using it daily since i bought it for several hours a day. I can't find a single thing I would change, except more room and cheaper! Alas...

Oct 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #99 of 390
I love my Zune. I love it even more now that it has a clock lol. Yes, that kinda thing bothered me, even if I could check the time a million other places, I still wanted a clock.

Also yeah, the software kinda sucks, but it's still a great device.

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #100 of 390
Quote:

Originally Posted by serpico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got audiobooks working the other day and it works very well. Downloaded the free book from zune.net and the free audiomanager software.

More free audiobooks that you can load with Overdrive here:
LibriVox

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #101 of 390
It's not the artist that decides the final sound (in a lot of instances), it's the audio tech. Therefore, there is no valid argument NOT to have an EQ. If you decide to not use it, that's your decision. Shouldn't you have a right to choose? I would say so.

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #102 of 390
No valid argument except it makes the units cost more for those who don't use it. I'm not saying people shouldn't have choice I just find it funny people spend all this money trying to find the most pure sound possible then they throw the music through an EQ just to jumble it all up again.

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #104 of 390
EQ costs additional money? Hmmm, don't really think that'd be the case. As for pure audio quality, not all use an amp. If I had the capital, maybe. Since I don't, and the average user doesn't, why not include a feature (that costs NO EXTRA!!!) to implement. Saying it will raise the cost of the Zune 120 makes no sense, the price would remain the same. And the player would be even faster spreading than it is. I work at a place where there are almost 40,000 employees & after speaking to a couple hundred I've realized it's a bigger sticking point than I'd imagined. Most state that, even if they're presets on a player, it's a requirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back