Any word on sennheiser IE6 IE7 or IE8 yet?
Apr 15, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the design of all three. I find it very interesting that all three are using dynamic drivers and not armatures. But then, Sennheiser doesn't have any experience with armatures, I guess.

futuresonics has experience in ARMATURE driver before but they still choose dynamic drivers as oppose to armature because armature cannot faithfully reproduce a fuller sound and the soundstage a dynamic drivers can .armature drivers always sound tiny like something is missing. read carefully before answering check out www.futuresonics.com

Apr 16, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 39
Looking at the Sennheiser site, all three models list 26dB noise attenuation in the specs. I wonder if they've changed the IE6 and IE7 since CES?

My attention has wandered over this way, as the Westone 3s appear to be vaporware.

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgprater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My attention has wandered over this way, as the Westone 3s appear to be vaporware.

Me too, although the IE6 and IE7 were supposed to be released in March, and they're vapour so far too.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #21 of 39
For a general idea on pricing, Amazon has an idea of pricing ie8 listed as $449.95(preorder) and ie6 for preorder at 249.95

I just got some UEs but these look interesting--there's an add for the ie6 in Stereophile new issue page 42.--May 2008 issue.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #22 of 39
Three new Senn IEMs are listed at Audio Advisor's web site.

Audio Advisor

Found them listed on their site after I was there ogling the Grado GS-1000 and decided that I had to find something else to look at because my poor Natural Keyboard couldn't take any more drool. Decided to be an early adopter, and ordered the IE7 tonight. Confirmation email doesn't really say if it's in stock (after business hours), but hopefully it is and by this time next week they will be in hand, as long as USPS Priority doesn't let me down.

Their recent s-mail catalog I got a few days ago (but didn't open until this evening) shows the IE6, IE7 and CX6 Travel in their inventory database. No IE8, though. Cheapest is IE6, then the CX6.

If the IE7 is up to the Senn name, the IE8 will be sure to follow into my inventory...but only after a few more sellers get them...and start discounting a bit (I can't believe I actually frickin' PAID FULL RETAIL).

Try to keep you updated (but I already have a tough enough time as it is keeping up with all my Porsche and Nikon boards).

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #24 of 39
May 1, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crazy prices. Are Senn going to beat E530, ER-4S, Atrio, Triple.fi?

Yeah, I'm really curious what Sennheiser is doing with their IE-line that prompts them to make them so darn expensive.
tongue.gif

Perhaps they're using the advantage that they're one of the most well known companies in the audio industry and as such can sell them at such a high price.
smily_headphones1.gif

I guess we'll find out in June... if somebody here actually decides to bite!

May 3, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #27 of 39
Is it June now? I guess that's still technically spring ...

May 12, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #28 of 39
Anybody know the latest on these? The Westone 3 has just been officially delayed until 2009 so I'm giving up waiting on them. A pair of IE-7's might be a decent alternative, but I'd like to hear some impressions first.

Otherwise I'm leaning towards the Sleek SA6.

May 14, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #29 of 39
i ordered Full Compass's $222 IE7.
and just recieved the invoice. says will usually ships in 2-3wks.

ill try to compare with my FX500 and EX90 as dynamic driver earbuds.. as well as custom2 and ep720.

well i dont hav ER4S to compare with

May 14, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #30 of 39
Well,

I'm very curious about these phones. Are these gonna kick the Atrio's off the Dynamic thrown??

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If these have the bass of the Atrio's and better highs and mids then I think these are absolutely killer IEM's which fairly enough could hurt UE triple.fi and Shure SE530.....

greetz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back