Any word on sennheiser IE6 IE7 or IE8 yet?
Mar 19, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

gbx2006

100+ Head-Fier
I know that the IE6 and IE7 just came out, and that the IE8 is not even out yet, but I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to hear any of these IEM's yet.

The IE8 looks kind of interesting with the adjustable bass response, but I am wondering what kind of SQ any of these phones have.

Do they suffer from rolled off highs like most IEM's?

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 39
No one?

I guess I will need to buy the ie8 when it comes out and do a review vs the e500.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 39
I haven't seen a lot of information on any of the new Sennheiser's at all. I really wanted to know how the CX400 sounded, but I don't know anyone with experience.

Mar 25, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 39
i think its still only preorder
thats what amazon sayz

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 39
pez, i see you want to know how sounds cx400:

cx400 have less bas than cx300, it is more controllable, drum's at metal, rock etc. music are much much better on cx400, high's are more detailed, but it dont sybilize, mid's have been upgraded too, bas dont atack's mids , so they can be heared much better.

all on meizu m6, i can say anotherthing, on sansa clip cx400 sounds better than on meizu.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmageshazam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think its still only preorder
thats what amazon sayz

I think the ie6 and ie7 should be out already, and the ie8 will be out in April sometime.

I was thinking of getting the ie7, but I figured I might as well wait for the ie8 with the adjustable bass response.

I am really hoping these have mids like the e500, but without the rolled off highs.

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brestinder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pez, i see you want to know how sounds cx400:

cx400 have less bas than cx300, it is more controllable, drum's at metal, rock etc. music are much much better on cx400, high's are more detailed, but it dont sybilize, mid's have been upgraded too, bas dont atack's mids , so they can be heared much better.

all on meizu m6, i can say anotherthing, on sansa clip cx400 sounds better than on meizu.

So it has a lot less bass than the CX300? I mean the CX300's weren't bad, but if the CX400 is CX300 with better highs and no muddy bass, than count that as my next headphone purchase.

Mar 25, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 39
cx400 have much bass to, but not like cx300, cant say it is a lot less ;] , you can try it, at start they sound much like cx300, i was need circa 1h to see huge difrence to k324p ( cx300 from akg ).

just need to be carefull, many fakes in boxes are on Ebay.

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #10 of 39
Still no word on the IE6/7/8 it looks like.

Hopefully they won't take as long as the Westone 3!

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

At CES 2008, Sennheiser have presented their latest series of in-ear headphones oriented for both music listening as well as for monitoring purposes, a truly generous offer aimed at more than one single category of listeners and thus with a very serious potential for success.

The Sennheiser IE series comprises three new models, each sporting a very cool and even futuristic design, especially created for the actual market, whether we're looking at young, dynamic people, the average music listener who is just looking for great audio or the sound technician with very strict demands as far as the in-ear sound is concerned.

Like all Sennheiser similar products, the new IE headsets come with carrying case, professional accessories such as small cleaning tool and cable clip for comfortable wear and use. These in-ear headphones have a very serious noise attenuation factor thanks to their in-canal placement; we're dealing with noise reductions reaching as much as 26dB in the case of the top-shelf IE8 model.

The first model is the IE6, destined for all those who are into music needing a heavy and serious bass reproduction, whether speaking about hip-hop or rock. This headset comes with an attenuation of almost 20dB and will reproduce frequencies between 10Hz and 19kHz, with clean and powerful details.

The IE7 headphones are "a neutral offering" as Sennheiser describes them; we're talking an all-rounder, perfect for multiple uses, especially designed for those individuals who are just looking for neat sound and have no special, exquisite needs as far as their headsets are concerned. The IE7 has the same 10-19,000Hz frequency range and has a noise attenuation of 20dB.

Finally, the flagship of the series, the IE8 headset has been created for "sound techies" and comes with 26dB of noise attenuation, sporting a frequency range between 10 and 20,000Hz. Even more, this headset comes with multiple ear buds for fitting the ear pieces in your canal as snugly as possible. One extreme feature of the IE8 is the small screw on each ear piece which will let you trim and adjust the bass response so that it suits perfectly to your different needs. The carrying case contains drying agent pads to keep your earphones free from moisture and thus provide with better operation for a longer time.

Even if no pricing has been announced, the IE6 and IE7 will be available in March 2008, while the IE8 will start shipping in April 2008.

I really like the design of all three. I find it very interesting that all three are using dynamic drivers and not armatures. But then, Sennheiser doesn't have any experience with armatures, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back