Any Way To Remove The Clip on iPod Nano? Installing Fiio E6 on The Back.
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

intercrew

New Head-Fier
I was wondering if there is any way of removing the back clip on the ipod nano 6th generation? I've recently recieved a 16gb from a friend and I didn't want to damage the interior by following these steps:

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-iPod-Nano-6th-Generation-Clip/3605/1

which seems the "best" way to remove the clip (the very last image shows removing the clip, has 3 screws on the back attached to the clip).

I was wondering if there is another way to remove the clip? I was thinking of just somehow snapping off the back clip with force but dont know how to do it.

I also recently bought a Fiio E6 to try it out and dear god it sounds amazing with the nano. I mean Apple stopped using wolfsen chip but damm the sound is just amazing, especially when the eq for the mid's with the e6.

I was thinking of just attaching the E6 behind the nano but the clip is bothersome, and looks funky having the back clip of the nano then the E6 being on the back. I was going to just use the clip provided with the E6.

But the other problem is, how should i attach the E6 to the nano? I've seen a lot of nicely done DIY photos of their amps attached to their portable player and they all come out looking pretty good. With the E6 being on the back of the nano looks perfect since both devices are basically the exact same size.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also I was wondering what the LOD cables are for? Is there any difference between LOD and just using the cables provided (non LOD) with the E6 and the nano? Or do I have to use the LOD if I'm using an ipod? I read somewhere that the LOD are better as it bypasses the iPods amp/circuit?

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Attach the E6, you could use a patch of strong velcro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back