any way to make the KSC75s look better?
Apr 1, 2007 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

cratskomodo

Head-Fier
hey.
ive been checking out these phones and heard a lot of good reviews about them.
but they dont exactly look that good.
anyone know any mods or such to make them look at least somewhat better so that i dont look like a loser wearing them in the street?
thanks.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cratskomodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey.
ive been checking out these phones and heard a lot of good reviews about them.
but they dont exactly look that good.
anyone know any mods or such to make them look at least somewhat better so that i dont look like a loser wearing them in the street?
thanks.

wear a hat

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 28
How about closing you eyes and saying to youreself "At least I didn't blow it all on those triports" continuoulsy.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 28
I had a set of those didn't really like em' though because on some of my more ambient tracks there would be a presence of this horrid metalic echo (ex Smashing Pumpkins' Thirty-Three) so I got rid of em'.

Apr 1, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cratskomodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while we're on the KSC75s, do they leak more or less sound than the new apple phones?

More by virtue of thier open design combined with the fact that they are not direct to the ear canals

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #11 of 28
I considered painting them a shiny piano black but couldn't get around the fact the paint would get in the holes on the back unless i completely remove the driver. There's always a Sharpie marker. But in actuality, no one really cares what headphones you're wearing on the street (unless it's another head-fier, in which case they'd approach you and start bugging you if you did the 'Kramer mod' to em).

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope.
evil_smiley.gif

One of two, apparently.

When I go somewhere shady, I wear the KSC75 rather than the PX100, these will never get stolen and will actually decrease your chance of getting mugged. Koss should put this in their ads...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #15 of 28
I was a little bit miffed when I realized that the KSC-75 is an all-new housing, and not just a tacky piece attached to a nice-looking KSC-35 housing a la KSC-50. What I did to make mine marginally better-looking was ditch the ugly and less comfortable earclip piece for the thin black earclips of my dead KSC-35's, but no matter what the KSC-75 is going to be an ugly little thing. Probably the single best audiophile value out there, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back