Any way to LOCK windows from new installs? Kids killing my computers!
Nov 22, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenScrtchBoy
*gasp*

Upgrade! ME is the worst.

Or downgrade to good ole' 98se.

Agreed.

Sorry, but I don't think ME has the ability to set up accounts like XP and 2000.

The dual boot method is the safest way to go if you also use the computer. If you set up dual boot be sure to password protect your OS so they cannot hurt it. If it is just them then skip it and just use Ghost.

Quad, what part of Systemworks have you had destroy systems?
I turn off all the System maintenance crap it tries to run and just use Ghost, antivirus and Speeddisk. I have used it for a few years and have had no problems.

Nov 22, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #17 of 18
I have heard all the worst about ME, but I have never had any problems with it as an OS. I prefer it to 98se for the multimedia improvements and easier compatibility with USB devices. The computers usually run pretty barebones and don't have much more than a few programs on them. I have considered learning how to have a central boot computer and do clients for the kids to use, but that is just a little bit beyond my current knowledge of networks at this time. Speaking of which, with the need for virus protection, I have all these computers on a ethernet network.... is there any version of a virus scanner that is designed to check all the computers on a network? This would be where I run my computer as the server and admin center, then have it check the others each night at midnight.

Nov 22, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 18
Get another computer for your kids, and everytime they touch yours, smack them, and you will see they will stop....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back